Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #31
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Re: CVS Update

Helen, thank you so much; I just sent a donation.

Sara S.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Helen Shane: View Post

Your Help Needed!

This is to update you on the status of CVS, and to ask you for a contribution to pursue the Small Town Sebastopol lawsuit, if necessary.

Lest you forget the mammoth, sprawling CVS/Chase project and the congestion it would cause, please spend two minutes to view the video presented by the developer in January 2012. **

A legal agreement signed by CVS March 2, 2010 indemnified the City of Sebastopol against liability for any award or settlement of the case.

CVS purchased the site from the Pellini’s, so the family is out of the picture.

It’s just we the community vs. CVS

CVS is dealing with three major unresolved obstacles:

1) CVS is suing the City in Federal District Court for violation of CVS’ civil rights by issuing a moratorium on drive thrus. (Really!)

2) CalTrans has not approved the permits needed to allow left turns into and out of the project across two lanes of traffic on Sebastopol Ave; more than a year ago, CalTrans requested further information. CVS has not responded.

3) Our suit, filed in August 2011, charged that the then City Council’s approval for the project was based on a flawed traffic study that did not properly consider The Barlow and the real traffic impact on many streets and intersections in town. We believe that a new traffic study would trigger a full Environmental Impact study that would prove the CVS project would generate unacceptable traffic.

It is important that CVS know we are not going away.

We need your help to continue the battle.

We guarantee that if all of the funds received from this time forward are not needed, equitable refunds will be made.

We’re counting on you.

Go to:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=PQP4AS959VZX6

or send a check to

Committee for Small Town Sebastopol
    Exchange Bank
    720 Gravenstein Hwy, No
    Sebastopol, Ca 95472

Helen Shane and John Kramer

**https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uzNmTP7h70
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #32

Re: CVS sues Sebastopol

When you view the video, it seems Sebastopol would end up resembling San Jose or at least be on its way. I have sent my donation in. Grass roots causes only need small amounts from many, but don't let that stop you from sending more. In the end, you'll be happy you did, particularly if you care about our downtown. Please take a few moments to send a donation to help keep Sebastopol from the clutches corporate America. We've got enough of that element already.

Your Help Needed!

This is to update you on the status of CVS, and to ask you for a contribution to pursue the Small Town Sebastopol lawsuit, if necessary.

Lest you forget the mammoth, sprawling CVS/Chase project and the congestion it would cause, please spend two minutes to view the video presented by the developer in January 2012. **

A legal agreement signed by CVS March 2, 2010 indemnified the City of Sebastopol against liability for any award or settlement of the case.

CVS purchased the site from the Pellini’s, so the family is out of the picture.

It’s just we the community vs. CVS

CVS is dealing with three major unresolved obstacles:

1) CVS is suing the City in Federal District Court for violation of CVS’ civil rights by issuing a moratorium on drive thrus. (Really!)

2) CalTrans has not approved the permits needed to allow left turns into and out of the project across two lanes of traffic on Sebastopol Ave; more than a year ago, CalTrans requested further information. CVS has not responded.

3) Our suit, filed in August 2011, charged that the then City Council’s approval for the project was based on a flawed traffic study that did not properly consider The Barlow and the real traffic impact on many streets and intersections in town. We believe that a new traffic study would trigger a full Environmental Impact study that would prove the CVS project would generate unacceptable traffic.

It is important that CVS know we are not going away.

We need your help to continue the battle.

We guarantee that if all of the funds received from this time forward are not needed, equitable refunds will be made.

We’re counting on you.

Go to:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=PQP4AS959VZX6

or send a check to

Committee for Small Town Sebastopol
    Exchange Bank
    720 Gravenstein Hwy, No
    Sebastopol, Ca 95472

Helen Shane and John Kramer

**https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uzNmTP7h70
    Last edited by Barry; 10-22-2013 at 01:29 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

5. TopTop #33
    Victoria Street

The video is really eerie. Seriously, if you haven't watched it - check it out. It gives downtown Sebastopol this weird Twilight Zone/Stepford Wives kinda feel...

6. TopTop #34
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

I thought the most interesting thing about the video was that there was about as much traffic as you might see in a town with 500 population......

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Victoria Street: View Post
    The video is really eerie. Seriously, if you haven't watched it - check it out. It gives downtown Sebastopol this weird Twilight Zone/Stepford Wives kinda feel...

7. TopTop #35
    Helen Shane

Yes, Sara - I'm glad you noticed that. The video was created not only to display the buildings on site (gah!) but to give the impression of wide open, no-traffic streets as well. Double whammy.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sara S: View Post
    I thought the most interesting thing about the video was that there was about as much traffic as you might see in a town with 500 population......

8. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

9. TopTop #36
    lindasw

Re: CVS: sneaky Sebastopol footage

reality check: someone should do a traffic "video" on a sunday through town--or any other day these days--- as the gridlock starts at around noon and calms again around six-ish.! i don't even live right in downtown but i certainly am feeling the heat as it crawls through town and out 116....i moved from a beach town in LA 100 years ago when traffic started to get just like this! and look at santa monica now...

that whole x- car dealership area from the corner to benedetti's (note: no offense to any little businesses i may have ignored here in my fantasizing...) should be razed and a lovely "green" park-like parking area should magically appear....we need a partial walking/biking/strolling town before our "town" is no longer!
    (where's my wand?)

Yes, Sara - I'm glad you noticed that. The video was created not only to display the buildings on site (gah!) but to give the impression of wide open, no-traffic streets as well. Double whammy.

10. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

11. TopTop #37
    gardenmaniac

yes, and can we post it (this yet-to-be-made 'reality' video) to youtube? linked to the CVS vid?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by lindasw: View Post
    reality check: someone should do a traffic "video" on a sunday through town--or any other day these days--- as the gridlock starts at around noon and calms again around six-ish.! i don't even live right in downtown but i certainly am feeling the heat as it crawls through town and out 116....i moved from a beach town in LA 100 years ago when traffic started to get just like this! and look at santa monica now...

that whole x- car dealership area from the corner to benedetti's (note: no offense to any little businesses i may have ignored here in my fantasizing...) should be razed and a lovely "green" park-like parking area should magically appear....we need a partial walking/biking/strolling town before our "town" is no longer!
    (where's my wand?)

12. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

13. TopTop #38
    Helen Shane

Sounds wonderful. Any genius among us who can make this happen? Helen

Quote Posted in reply to the post by gardenmaniac: View Post
    yes, and can we post it (this yet-to-be-made 'reality' video) to youtube? linked to the CVS vid?

14. TopTop #39
    knackfordesign

CVS - what's up?

I haven't seen/heard anything for awhile....
    What about a petition pledging NOT TO PATRONIZE CVS unless they drop their lawsuit against the city of Sebastopol, and abandon the current plans for the proposed project.

15. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

16. TopTop #40
    occupied95472

So glad you are interested in a petition...
    https://www.change.org/petitions/lar...-of-sebastopol
    ...AND A BOYCOTT.

17. TopTop #41
    Helen Shane

Update on the Small Town Sebastopol vs. CVS Case

The suit charges that an Environmental Impact Report should have been prepared before giving CVS the right to proceed with processing the project.

At a Case Management Conference on December 10, 2013, Judge Daum ordered the parties back to court for a follow up Case Management Conference on March 18, 2014, to set dates for briefing and hearing. He said that he wanted to wait until after the mid February date when a hearing is set on the CVS vs Sebastopol case on the moratorium on drive thrus, on which the City has asked for a summary judgment, when the judge might make a decision on that case without a jury trial.

The CVS attorney has indicated that if CVS loses the moratorium case, it would go away. However, she is not the attorney for CVS on that case. CVS could opt to build without a drive through, so the Small Town case is critical in any case.

I will report on in more depth soon. I would be happy to respond to questions about the case via Wacco.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by occupied95472: View Post
    So glad you are interested in a petition...
    https://www.change.org/petitions/lar...-of-sebastopol
    ...AND A BOYCOTT.

18. TopTop #42
    Karl Frederick

Re: CVS - what's up?

When I learned of the suit (thanks to WACCO), I stopped patronizing CVS, and don't anticipate returning.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by knackfordesign: View Post
    I haven't seen/heard anything for awhile....
    What about a petition pledging NOT TO PATRONIZE CVS unless they drop their lawsuit against the city of Sebastopol, and abandon the current plans for the proposed project.

19. Gratitude expressed by 4 members: