Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Zeno Swijtink

Is there a Pot Smoking Lifestyle? What is a Lifestyle anyway?

[This lifestyle discussion was split of from the thread Alert: Board of Supervisors to Turn Marijuana Ordinance Upside down. What's your take on a "lifestyle"? Does it mean anything? Is there a pot smoking lifestyle?

Barry]

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Edward Mendoza: View Post
    We need people who are public and proud of their pot smoking lifestyle. The Sups who betrayed Sonoma County residents were like wolves in sheep's clothing.

I would like to see a candidate run for the Board of Supervisors who I KNOW smokes pot. I'm not saying that there is no one that does not smoke who can be trusted. But I am saying is that I would like to see someone who lives the lifestyle and exercises the same freedom that I do to represent us in government.

Another thought: Is anyone here willing to run for the BOS to defend our rights and our freedoms, to fight for our right to choose our medicine and our health?

Thank you!
    What do you mean with the "pot smoking lifestyle"? Do people who smoke marijuana have something in common, and does that add up to a "lifestyle"?
    Last edited by Barry; 12-27-2012 at 08:55 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Valley Oak

I apologize for my lack of political correctness and my poor choice of words. I am an ally of a person's right to choose their own medicine, whether that be cannabis or anything else.

I would also like to add the following to my original intention in writing this: I don't see Ravitch, Brown, or Zane smoking pot at home. Do you? That is part of what I was trying to say. But I expressed it poorly.

Furthermore, If someone who smokes marijuana at home for whatever reasons, be it medical, recreational, or otherwise, I do not envision very easily seeing that person moving against our medical rights if they become a Supervisor on the BOS.

Best,

Edward

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Zeno Swijtink: View Post
    What do you mean with the "pot smoking lifestyle"? Do people who smoke marijuana have something in common, and does that add up to a "lifestyle"?
    Last edited by Barry; 12-27-2012 at 08:51 PM.

3. TopTop #3
    alanora

Is the term lifestyle ever an accurate descriptor of anything? I find it insulting and annoying.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Zeno Swijtink: View Post
    Last edited by Barry; 12-27-2012 at 08:56 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #4
    Valley Oak

My apologies, once again. It was not my intention to annoy or insult the very community that I support and belong to. I will never use the term again and I have edited my original post.

Edward
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by alanora: View Post
    Is the term lifestyle ever an accurate descriptor of anything? I find it insulting and annoying.
    Last edited by Barry; 12-27-2012 at 08:57 PM.

6. TopTop #5
    fafner

Will someone please explain to me why the term 'lifestyle' is insulting and annoying?
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Edward Mendoza: View Post
    My apologies, once again. It was not my intention to annoy or insult the very community that I support and belong to. I will never use the term again and I have edited my original post.

Edward
    Last edited by Barry; 12-27-2012 at 08:56 PM.

7. Gratitude expressed by:

8. TopTop #6
    scamperwillow

Really! I don't know what all the fuss is about. Edward made an innocent statement and got jumped all over. Can we try to just respond to people's ideas without criticizing their choice of words?

My doctor is always telling me I need to make "lifestyle changes" to improve my health (since they can never find anything wrong with me). She means eating better, exercising, drinking less and so forth. I don't find anything insulting about that.

Maybe I need to smoke some pot!!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by fafner: View Post
    Will someone please explain to me why the term 'lifestyle' is insulting and annoying?
    Last edited by Barry; 12-27-2012 at 08:51 PM.

9. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

10. TopTop #7
    alanora

My own opinion:Generally one aspect of a person, not a defining one, is picked and it is then determined to be a "lifestyle". It is a very limiting descriptor of a state that does not exist in reality. Is there a "California lifestyle"? Or are there many folk living in Ca each of whom has their own life and some or no style.......It is a blanket statement that has little meaning, there by obfuscating the very topic it was intended to clarify. I would not assume that agreement on part of one issue would imply alignment on any other issues.
    Perhaps my words were wrong in that in order to be annoying and insulting it must be taken personally and really I did not, though I enjoyed reacting as if.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by fafner: View Post

11. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

12. TopTop #8
    nicofrog

Re: Is there a Pot Smoking Lifestyle? What is a Lifestyle anyway?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by alanora: View Post
    My own opinion:Generally one aspect of a person, not a defining one, is picked and it is then determined to be a "lifestyle". It is a very limiting descriptor of a state that does not exist in reality. Is there a "California lifestyle"? Or are there many folk living in Ca each of whom has their own life and some or no style.......It is a blanket statement that has little meaning, there by obfuscating the very topic it was intended to clarify. I would not assume that agreement on part of one issue would imply alignment on any other issues.
    Perhaps my words were wrong in that in order to be annoying and insulting it must be taken personally and really I did not, though I enjoyed reacting as if.
    I see "Lifestyle" as a media hype thing for squares (Square,a person who is not "Hip" or "Hep"to what is currently faddishly going on as in "Hepcat" ((expression from early 1930's for jazz musician)). So the Squares can get all woo woo or eee eee about someone elses habits or condition or etc.
    this cannot take place without a bit of Judgement

Once in around '66 I was at a HUGE and awesome fun party on the Marin Bay shoreline where some idiot reporter managed to get his way in unnoticed..

he wrote an article for the Pacific Sun, or I J ,or chronicle that was titled "Is the "Lifestyle" a crashing Bore"

it showed a picture of myself ,Dickens 44 Bascom,and a few others sitting in the door of my decorated V.W. bus REALLY tired after maybe 4 hours of vigorous dancing drumming etc.

This DORK gets a dumn foto, and with a simple caption creates a non existant truth I should have sued him for libel.

oH well WE know we had a Great time that day,and if nothing else,the old V W was never boring..."ok everybody get behind and push!!"
    So yes i can see where ..."how is generalizing lifestyle helpful?"

one interesting factor is visit a place where a medicine is LEGAL and notice the smooth and easy no "us and them" high you enjoy (everyone, the "high" people and the non users!!) no secrecy ,no friends dragged off to jail,No sociopathic asswholes minding other peoples business,its marvelous,and about time.

Keep yr LAWS off my Body period.

13. Gratitude expressed by: