Hi everyone,

I am new to Waccobb and thought that I would give the site a try. I am Traveling to Tanzania soon and I am cutting it pretty close financially. This isn't just another vacation. I am returning after five years to attempt to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro again and complete the spiritual journey I started. Life has come full circle and it is my dream to return to this magical place so that I can fully integrate all that I have learned. Please check out my campaign on indiegogo and see if it is something that inspires you. I sincerely appreciate any support. Thank you so much for your time.

Sincerely,
Naomi

https://www.indiegogo.com/achievetanzania/x/841280

Hi everyone,
My name is Naomi. I have a degree in psychology and art. I work for the Sonoma County Regional Parks as well as teach art, and house clean on the side.
I am trying to raise $4,000 for my trip to Tanzania. I will be attempting to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro for the second time. Five years ago, I was 18 years old, and my life was in crisis. My parents announced their divorce, we lost my childhood home due to bankruptcy, and I was trying to get out of an abusive relationship. I traveled to Tanzania with a friend, who has a non-profit called Hope Through Opportunity. She travels there every year and lives with the people of the Marangu Village. She is a part of their family now and climbs Mt. Kilimanjaro with some of the people every year. Her non-profit also provides supplies to Huruma Hospital and food to over 800 orphans.
When I began my journey to Tanzania, I had no idea what I was in for. The truth is, this wasn't just an exotic vacation; it was a journey of the soul and a transformation of the spirit. I did not have the opportunity to summit Mt. Kilimanjaro five years ago because I became very ill with altitude sickness. Nonetheless, that trip changed my life. It completely destroyed my idea of what life really was. It clued me into the importance of compassion, hospitality, humility, and gratitude. The people of Tanzania are incredible! They are so strong, so joyous, so full of love even when faced with what we in the West cannot even imagine. Walking ten miles in torn flip flops, living with disease and not having access to medical treatment or even education, being overwhelmed with excitement over receiving a pencil from a tourist.
Please help me to achieve my dream and complete the transformation that crystalized when I first visited Tanzania. I promised myself then, that I would return to the Mountain within five years. Well, it has been five years. I intend on using what I learn from this trip to propel my life's work. I hope to go to Graduate School for psychology and work in the Humanistic modality working with people to transform their lives and rediscover who they are, who they want to be and who they can be. Thank you so much for your support.

What We Need & What You Get

Hi folks,
I need $4,000. The funding will be going towards the cost of the climb and to my plane ticket. I am already in process of saving as much money as I can on my own. But, I also live on my own and need to make sure I have enough money when I return to pay my bills.
The entire trip will cost around $8,000. I figured it would be more realistic to try to raise $4,000 but if anyone wants to contribute more that would be fabulous!
I am set on doing this trip. If I don't reach my $4,000 goal, any amount still puts me closer to my dream.