Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Are you an "aging", saging" crone looking to explore what it means to grow old?

I am a 66 year old woman looking to connect with like minded women boomers about what it means to grow old . What are the gifts, the challenges and how does one live a full, vibrant and vital life despite the obstacles (either physically, mentally or spiritually) that may present themselves.

If you know of any such group, that is available, pls let me know. If you are interested in collaborating about starting such a venture, I am open to discussing this with you. I am not a therapist or counselor but I have facilitated workshops throughout my career.

Hope to hear from you.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Are you an "aging", saging" crone looking to explore what it means to grow old?

Hi Berta,

Good for you for reaching out! I encourage anybody out there to reply publicly with either information about existing group or interest in starting a new one.

There is an existing co-ed elder group organized by Alexandra Hart and associated with Transition Sebastopol. There's a post about it here. Next meeting is on December 27th.
    Last edited by Barry; 12-18-2013 at 02:27 PM.

4. TopTop #3
    PUPKIT

Re: Are you an "aging", saging" crone looking to explore what it means to grow old?

Hi, Berta,
    Here is a link to Meet Up Group. If you do not find what you are looking for, you can even create a group. When I am in the area again I shall attend your group meeting if you organize one. Best to you and Happy Holidays,
    PupKit

Here is the link: (in your search use words like boomers, aging, etc.) https://www.meetup.com/cities/us/ca/sebastopol/groups/
    Last edited by Barry; 12-18-2013 at 02:27 PM.

5. Gratitude expressed by:

6. TopTop #4
    Ice Queen

I have been a Senior Peer Counselor with Family Service Agency (now Community and Family Services Agency) for five years and the training for such I found very professional as well as helpful in my own aging. This organization will be offering a new training for volunteers beginning in February and they ask that you be willing to make a one year commitment to being a Senior Peer Counselor for one year after training.

Although the Peer Counseling is focused on mental health issues, we usually find that we are helping seniors through crises in their lives and enabling them to cope with vicissitudes which crop up in so many of our lives. The work is rewarding and I personally have made friends with a whole new group of people in these past few years. If interested you can get more information at 707545 4551 and prompt to Senior Programs. Good luck.
    Last edited by Barry; 12-18-2013 at 02:28 PM.

7. Gratitude expressed by:

8. TopTop #5
    The A Team
    Supporting Member

Hi Berta,
    Did this idea ever take flight? If so, I'm interested in attending.
    Andrea
    Last edited by Barry; 12-18-2013 at 02:29 PM.

9. TopTop #6
    PUPKIT

Hi,
    Yes, I would like to attend. Please let me know?
    Thanks,

10. TopTop #7
    amical

Hi Berta,

I'd be interested in forming a group of older women, although I don't consider myself a boomer as I was born in '35.
    I have been a member of AA and Alanon for many years and prefer a format where no one person leads the rest; where the group conscience rules. If this resonates, contact me.

Amical

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Berta: View Post
    I am a 66 year old woman looking to connect with like minded women boomers about what it means to grow old . What are the gifts, the challenges and how does one live a full, vibrant and vital life despite the obstacles (either physically, mentally or spiritually) that may present themselves.

If you know of any such group, that is available, pls let me know. If you are interested in collaborating about starting such a venture, I am open to discussing this with you. I am not a therapist or counselor but I have facilitated workshops throughout my career.

Hope to hear from you.