Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    The A Team
    Supporting Member

Have every vote counted Prop 37

We petition Debra Bowen, Secretary of State of California, to require ALL votes cast in the November 6 election be counted immediately. We specifically demand that ALL ballots in the following counties be counted and recorded: Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, and Santa Clara. We demand that the results of this complete ballot counting be made public immediately.

https://www.signon.org/sign/prop-37-...ource=homepage

From Barry - More count the votes blurbs that have floated in:

NEWS!!!!! ...do you live in California,. .even if you don't..call this number and demand recount!!!!: Main Number: (916) 657-2166!... all you need to do is call the Secretary of State and ask for the absentee ballots to be counted in regards to prop 37 I guess there is something like 2 million votes that are uncounted. This is a common problem. In 2012 in AZ the medical marijuana prop failed at first and then everyone complained and asked for a re-count and then it won by 2,000 votes. SHARE THIS NUMBER and CALLLL!!!!Call in and cause a stir! PLEASE! this is the number to the actual election division of the sec. of state office :Main Number: (916) 657-2166

----

There are 3 million uncounted votes at this time. These are absentee, provisional, and ballots that may have been partially torn or damaged; all need to be processed by hand. By law, none of the propositions are actually certified until this process has been completed. (From what I was told, it isn't atypical for the media to jump the gun.) The count is updated by county daily on the government website: vote.sos.ca.gov. (Click on "Other Links," then "Unprocessed ballot status," then something like "Report." I didn't quite get the entire series, but I think it is probably pretty self-evident once you're on the site.)
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Lysa

Re: Have every vote counted Prop 37

I signed the petition and recieved this email below from the woman who started it:

Dear Lysa,

Thank you so much for signing this petition.

I have to admit I have learned a great deal since starting it.

ALL VOTES ON PROP 37 WILL BE COUNTED, not because of our petition, but because it is required by law that all votes be counted. The counties have until December 7 to report the vote and Debra Bowen, Secretary of State, has until December 14 to certify the vote.

The final results WILL BE PUBLISHED, so every vote cast on Prop 37 will be honored.

Because of the importance of this issue nationally, I am researching how to have an effective petition at a national level.

Thank you, once again, for taking a stand on this important issue.

Warmly,

Linda

Quote Posted in reply to the post by The"A"Team: View Post
    We petition Debra Bowen, Secretary of State of California, to require ALL votes cast in the November 6 election be counted immediately. We specifically demand that ALL ballots in the following counties be counted and recorded: Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, and Santa Clara. We demand that the results of this complete ballot counting be made public immediately.

https://www.signon.org/sign/prop-37-...ource=homepage

From Barry - More count the votes blurbs that have floated in:

NEWS!!!!! ...do you live in California,. .even if you don't..call this number and demand recount!!!!: Main Number: (916) 657-2166!... all you need to do is call the Secretary of State and ask for the absentee ballots to be counted in regards to prop 37 I guess there is something like 2 million votes that are uncounted. This is a common problem. In 2012 in AZ the medical marijuana prop failed at first and then everyone complained and asked for a re-count and then it won by 2,000 votes. SHARE THIS NUMBER and CALLLL!!!!Call in and cause a stir! PLEASE! this is the number to the actual election division of the sec. of state office :Main Number: (916) 657-2166

----

There are 3 million uncounted votes at this time. These are absentee, provisional, and ballots that may have been partially torn or damaged; all need to be processed by hand. By law, none of the propositions are actually certified until this process has been completed. (From what I was told, it isn't atypical for the media to jump the gun.) The count is updated by county daily on the government website: vote.sos.ca.gov. (Click on "Other Links," then "Unprocessed ballot status," then something like "Report." I didn't quite get the entire series, but I think it is probably pretty self-evident once you're on the site.)
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email