Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Eileen M.

I cut up my CVS extracare card b/c they just don't care

Today I cut up my extracare card. I wrote a letter about my intention to boycott CVS Pharmacy until they withdraw their application to move downtown. If they move downtown I will boycott that store too.

I malled it to:

Larry J. Merlo

President and CEO of CVS Caremark
    Corporate Headquarters
    CVS Caremasrk Corporation
    1 CVS Drive
    Woonsocket, RI 02895

You can do the same

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    La.Sereniti

Re: I cut up my CVS extracare card b/c they just don't care

I moved my prescriptions to an independent pharmacy today and am in fact on my way to pick up now. Pricing was similar to CVS and I think I'm really going to like these people.

I've been with Exchange Bank quite a while and like their service. I only had Chase because I relocated temporarily to the east coast. I haven't changed my direct deposit yet, but have pulled my money out immediately after deposit and moved it for several months now. Not optimal, but it's headed in the right direction.

Please see this tool I created to quantify our actions. I hope you like it. The goal is to move $200 million in 6 months. With car and home loans this is totally doable.
    https://movemoney.org/2mm.htm

I am starting to feel optimism that this town really is going to stand up for the principles that make us so special.... Even if it is like herding cats because we don't get paid $500 an hour to cooperate.

The action by individuals without compensation, because they believe in it, is really priceless.

Thank you Eileen!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Eileen M.: View Post
    Today I cut up my extracare card. I wrote a letter about my intention to boycott CVS Pharmacy until they withdraw their application to move downtown. If they move downtown I will boycott that store too.

I malled it to:

Larry J. Merlo

President and CEO of CVS Caremark
    Corporate Headquarters
    CVS Caremasrk Corporation
    1 CVS Drive
    Woonsocket, RI 02895

You can do the same

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3
    wholeONE

I moved my banking to exchange bank right after Washington Mutual was bought out by Chase.

I have moved my prescriptions from CVS to Tuttles (get free delivery, too).

I live in Santa Rosa. I go to Sebastopol often and wish you could be FREE of Chase altogether.

I LOVE the atmosphere in Sebastopol and would be "happy" for it to remain that way. I leave it in the "hands" of The Universe.

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #4
    La.Sereniti

More about Chase and CVS

A note on the structure behind CVS acquired Caremark Pharmacy Services about 4 years ago.

Caremark is a pharmacy benefit manager that basically negotiates the benefits with the health insurance providers. (This is obviously a conflict of interest.... Why the FCC allowed this is beyond me.)

They are in the sickness industry... very, VERY deeply. The competition of pharmacy benefit managers is now DISAPPEARING!!!!

Caremark currently has approximately 16,000 employees.

Today the company is one of the nation's leading (((((pharmacy benefit management (PBM) companies)))), provides comprehensive prescription benefit management services to over ((((2,000 health plans))))), including corporations, managed care organizations, insurance companies, unions and government entities. With net revenue of approximately $37 billion (including approximately $5.8 billion of retail copayments) in 2006, they are also one of the largest PBMs. ((((becoming a monopoly!!!))) Caremark operates a national retail pharmacy network with over 60,000 participating pharmacies, as well as 56 retail specialty pharmacy stores, 20 specialty mail order pharmacies and 9 mail service pharmacies located in 26 states and the District of Columbia.

Obviously to change what has happened is going to take some very passionate people to challenge the FCC .

OR Move your money....

Quote Posted in reply to the post by wholeONE: View Post
    I moved my banking to exchange bank right after Washington Mutual was bought out by Chase.

I have moved my prescriptions from CVS to Tuttles (get free delivery, too).

I live in Santa Rosa. I go to Sebastopol often and wish you could be FREE of Chase altogether.

I LOVE the atmosphere in Sebastopol and would be "happy" for it to remain that way. I leave it in the "hands" of The Universe.

8. TopTop #5
    Eileen M.

Click Here for Their Response:CVS - wo address.pdf

Please sign the petition and stop shopping at CVS:

https://www.change.org/petitions/cvs...-of-sebastopol