Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    laynaberman

Cell Tower Above Downtown Occidental? NO!

The Sonoma County Board of Zoning Adjustments (BZA) has approved a Use Permit to Verizon for construction of a Cell Tower near the Druid’s Cemetery in Occidental. Verizon was supposed to present two alternative sites. They didn’t. The Board approved anyway.

We, believe that the proposed Cell Tower doesn’t belong in the Occidental community. We therefore ask that the Board of Supervisors make Verizon present an application to the BZA with the two alternative site plans required by the County Ordinance.

Furthermore, when Verizon returns to the Board of Zoning Adjustments with an application that includes two alternative sites, we ask the BZA to choose a site other than Occidental.

Sign the petition at
    https://www.yourownhealthandfitness.org/?page_id=11012

Come to the appeal hearing! August 7th at 2:10 p.m. at Supervisor’s Chambers Sonoma County Administration Building 575 Administration Drive, Room 102 A Santa Rosa, CA 95403
    Last edited by Barry; 07-30-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2

Re: Cell Tower Above Downtown Occidental? NO!

Last week, I was reading between the lines of the opinion columnist Chris Smith, regarding his story of an injured cyclist who said she owed her life to being able to make a cel phone call in Occidental.

Knowing that this cel tower issue was up; I doubt it was coincidence.

Furthermore, I asked Mr.Smith to meet with me and someone else the Press Democrat inaccurately reports on, to clear the air on a few issues. He failed to return my call.

Sadly, this is no surprise.

As I said before, the Press Democrat was sold, not so that the parent company can profit directly; after all it was losing money; but so it could better manipulate the content, for the overall profit of the 1%.

The SF Chronicle which I also study, also has that game well worked out.

BTW in most cases the reason for bigger, badder, cel towers is not about coverage, it's about capacity. Does everyone everywhere really need to access that much data all the time. What is the cost to our health and habitat? Are we really smart to demand so much capacity for "Smart" phones?

What is enough? What do we lose in the process of determining this?

Thank goodness for portals like Wacco; at least some of the truth can be witnessed, redistributed, and acted on.

I as a visitor, the birds, bees and probably most Occidental residents, are thankful that town is not more deeply bombarded with the ill effects of massive cel phone towers.

Colleen Fernald

Candidate for PEACE!
    Sebastopol City Council

Quote Posted in reply to the post by laynaberman: View Post
    The Sonoma County Board of Zoning Adjustments (BZA) has approved a Use Permit to Verizon for construction of a Cell Tower near the Druid’s Cemetery in Occidental. Verizon was supposed to present two alternative sites. They didn’t. The Board approved anyway.

We, believe that the proposed Cell Tower doesn’t belong in the Occidental community. We therefore ask that the Board of Supervisors make Verizon present an application to the BZA with the two alternative site plans required by the County Ordinance.

Furthermore, when Verizon returns to the Board of Zoning Adjustments with an application that includes two alternative sites, we ask the BZA to choose a site other than Occidental.

Sign the petition at https://www.yourownhealthandfitness.org/?page_id=11012 [link fixed]

Come to the appeal hearing! August 7th at 2:10 p.m. at Supervisor’s Chambers Sonoma County Administration Building 575 Administration Drive, Room 102 A Santa Rosa, CA 95403
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email