IRT Truth About GMOs Tour with Jeffrey Smith
and local Marin pediatrician Myrto Ashe, MD.

July 25, Wednesday

Jeffrey Smith's GMO update, July 2012 - covers latest research, GMO labeling and more
10:00 AM to 12:00 PM

at Sunrise Center

Join Label GMO advocate Jeffrey Smith of the Institute for Responsible Technology and and local Marin pediatrician Myrto Ashe, MD.

What are GMOs and why do you need to know? Join us to find out! Speaking Out for Healthier Food, The Truth about GMOs Tour with GMO (genetically modified organism) food expert Jeffrey Smith and local Marin pediatrician Myrto Ashe, MD. Sponsored by the Institute for Responsible Technology, a national consumer education nonprofit organization and Sunrise Center.

Register Here ~ FREE

The leading consumer advocate promoting healthier non-GMO choices, Jeffrey M. Smith, is the author of the world's bestselling and #1 rated book on the health dangers genetically modified organisms (GMOs). His meticulous research documents how biotech companies continue to mislead legislators and safety officials to put the health of society at risk, and the environment in peril.
His first book Seeds of Deception: Exposing Industry and Government Lies about the Safety of the Genetically Engineered Foods You're Eating masterfully combines the art of storytelling and investigative reporting. His second book, Genetic Roulette: The Documented Health Risks of Genetically Engineered Foods, is the authoritative work on GMO health dangers. It includes 65 health dangers, linking GMOs in our food to toxic and allergic reactions, infertility, and damage to virtually every internal organ studied in lab animals. The book expertly summarizes why the safety assessments conducted by the FDA and regulators worldwide teeter on a foundation of outdated science and false assumptions, and why GM foods must urgently become our nation's top food safety priority. Former UK environment minister says the revelations in Genetic Roulette may "change the global course of events this century.

I am a board-certified family physician. I grew up in Canada, attended medical school at McGill University in Montreal, then completed family practice residency at Brown University. I also obtained a masters in public health from the University of California at Berkeley, and completed a preventive medicine residency there.

I am completely familiar with the sense of frustration shared by patients and physicians when the conditions they are dealing with cannot be cured, just managed.

A few years ago, I began studying with the Institute of Functional Medicine and family physician and noted author, Mark Hyman MD. I found that the Institute for Functional Medicine is fully accredited by the same organization that accredits cardiologists, and neurologists and immunologists. I saw that their recommendations are based on vast quantities of recent scientific research. I came to understand that this research has uncovered links that were not previously known, and that if one is serious about practicing evidence-based medicine, one must now reorganize the entire framework of how disease arises.

I now practice science-based, individualized, wellness-oriented medicine. I incorporate an understanding of conventional medicine with the experience and research base of basic physiology, biochemistry, naturopathy and mind-body medicine.