Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Under $10 California Wine recommendations

Mrs. Wacco and I are busily preparing for our wedding in September . One of the more pleasant parts of that is choosing a wine. However, another part of our preparation, namely our diet, is getting in the way of that (it restricts our alcohol intake).

So I wonder if you could help (especially after seeing all the helpful suggestions being offered on the current wedding venue thread).

We're looking for California wines under $10/bottle, with an attractive label. It doesn't need to be organic, although that's a big plus. We've got the champagne covered (Korbel), but you're welcome to suggest one for other's benefit.

Please include where the wine can be purchased (and don't fear if it's Trader Joes, or even, gasp, Costco! )

Thanks and Cheers!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2

Re: Under $10 California Wine recommendations

One of my favorites under $10 is Gnarly Head Old Vine zin, which can be bought at (another gasp) CVS for $8.99 if you get 6 or more bottles. Another good value zin is TJ's Harvest Moon (also from the Lodi area) which is only $4.99. Congratulations on your wedding.

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #3
    dancingstar

Re: Under $10 California Wine recommendations

Hi Barry,

I personally LOVE the very inexpensive organic red wines from TJs ($3.99-$5.99). I personally prefer the word "organic" on the label to an attractive label, but you may be able to have both. My personal favorite right now is "Green Fin"--pinot noir or cabernet sauvignon. Yea, probably not the most attractive label. And I admittedly don't know much about wine. But I know what I like. I also like Bonterra wines-- more expensive, but organic and a more attractive label.There's also Fetzer "sustainably farmed" on the label, but not organic. They're about $5.99 at TJs.

Best wishes with your selections. And congratulations to you both!

Judy
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    Mrs. Wacco and I are busily preparing for our wedding in September . One of the more pleasant parts of that is choosing a wine. However, another part of our preparation, namely our diet, is getting in the way of that (it restricts our alcohol intake).

So I wonder if you could help (especially after seeing all the helpful suggestions being offered on the current wedding venue thread).

We're looking for California wines under $10/bottle, with an attractive label. It doesn't need to be organic, although that's a big plus. We've got the champagne covered (Korbel), but you're welcome to suggest one for other's benefit.

Please include where the wine can be purchased (and don't fear if it's Trader Joes, or even, gasp, Costco! )

Thanks and Cheers!

5. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: