Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: womens groups
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    aly

womens groups

greetings,
    does anyone out there know of any womens groups that meet weekly and are open to new members? preferably a group that focuses on spiritually related issues and topics for dicussion, etc.
    thank you.
    aly
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: womens groups

Quote Posted in reply to the post by aly filippa:
    greetings,
    does anyone out there know of any womens groups that meet weekly and are open to new members? preferably a group that focuses on spiritually related issues and topics for dicussion, etc.
    thank you.
    aly
    Great question, Aly! Please respond publicly, Ladies! (BTW, WaccoBB.net membership is 2/3 women!)

Barry
    (a guy)

3. TopTop #3
    Diane

Interestingly enough, I have been recently thinking of calling in a women's group with the intention of positive support for each other's gifts, doing ritual that connects us to this earth and the spirit world, and possibly some crafting. I imagine love and ease with this new group which means that I would want to be in a position to chose who I intuitively feel comfortable with, rather than having it open. If anyone is interested, let's start a dialogue about it. I will be away for the month of July, but will be checking my email.

Love and freedom to all,

Diane

[email protected]

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry:
    Great question, Aly! Please respond publicly, Ladies! (BTW, WaccoBB.net membership is 2/3 women!)

Barry
    (a guy)
    Last edited by Barry; 06-23-2006 at 12:48 PM.

4. TopTop #4
    Lee Tuley

Hello Diane,

I felt moved to reply to your request on wacco re a women's group. Personally I would enjoy that as I've recently returned to west county (from canada) and would like to meet more women.

Also I have 25 years experience in leading groups of various kinds. In particular I had a women's group in canada that ran continuously for 15 years. While I don't need to be a group leader, I could if it's wanted or needed. Just for some background, I'm licensed in canada as a registered clinical counselor and am certified in integrative body psychotherapy, rolfing and some other stuff, and have studied many things, chinese medicine, non violent communication, etc - it's been a long career. Anyway - I would bring strong mind-body, spiritual and communication skills components to the group, while responding to the needs/wants of the group as they emerge.

None of which is necessary for me to play. I'd be just as happy to participate as a group member. Do let me know how things develop, and thanks for making the suggestion.

Warmly,
    Lee

5. TopTop #5
    Maya Carlos

Greetings Ladies,
    I was delighted to see this topic of conversation floating around. I am a west county resident and would love to have an intentional circle to be a part of on a regular basis. I am a Doula and Midwifery student and think that women circling is an essential part of our lives. I would love to do anything I can to contribute to this vission. I'll be in touch with any ideas that pop up...
    Blessings,
    -Maya

6. TopTop #6
    francinemarie

Hello Women's- Circle-that-seems-to-be-forming...

My name is Francine and I am also interested in joining an intentional womens circle in the west county area. I have been part of womens sacred circles before and know their value. Perhaps we should consider meeting up someplace. Those of us with some experience in this could help get things rolling and then the group will take on a life of its own. I am also interested in all the topics that have been mentioned so far and know that each woman will bring her particular gifts. Anybody else out there? Francine. P.S., I am an intuitive skills teacher, artist, scribbler,etc etc.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-05-2006 at 08:17 PM.

7. TopTop #7

Hi from another interested Sebastopol woman with experience in leading and being part of women circles [either way is fine].
    How do we find out who has responded so that we can communicate with each other? I remember Aly started it.
    Yes we should meet. If it is a small group we can meet at my place or Ragle Park or ocean or ???
    This is exciting.
    Light + Love
    Barbara

Quote Posted in reply to the post by francinemarie:
    Hello Women's- Circle-that-seems-to-be-forming...

My name is Francine and I am also interested in joining an intentional womens circle in the west county area. I have been part of womens sacred circles before and know their value. Perhaps we should consider meeting up someplace. Those of us with some experience in this could help get things rolling and then the group will take on a life of its own. I am also interested in all the topics that have been mentioned so far and know that each woman will bring her particular gifts. Anybody else out there? Francine. P.S., I am an intuitive skills teacher, artist, scribbler,etc etc.

8. TopTop #8
    Magick

Dear Women, I am also interested in a women's circle. I have enjoyed participating in the past. I am an activist, poet, tarot consultant and I have facilitated groups and know the value of our shared stories and the marvelous energy that is generated when women circle. Blessings, Magick

9. TopTop #9
    awakelotus

I am newish to the area and interested in women's circle and am curious what type to circle you are thinking of creating? (simply support and community, or ritual...?) Let me know through email if you start something! ([email protected]) thanks, Kerry

Quote Posted in reply to the post by wildheartpatch:
    Hi from another interested Sebastopol woman with experience in leading and being part of women circles [either way is fine].
    How do we find out who has responded so that we can communicate with each other? I remember Aly started it.
    Yes we should meet. If it is a small group we can meet at my place or Ragle Park or ocean or ???
    This is exciting.
    Light + Love
    Barbara

10. TopTop #10
    Lee Tuley

women's group meeting saturday/location?

Hello to everyone interested in the women's group.

we now have 12 women interested!! and the general consensus is to meet on this Saturday between 3-5pm. this is a meeting to organize ourselves and design what/where/when/how we will continue. everyone is welcome to come, and bring your ideas and inspirations. please reply to me if you want to attend so we know what to expect. thanks-

if you can't make this date, but would like to be part of it in the future, still reply, and let us know of your interest. we'll try to bring your ideas to the meeting as well.

we don't yet know what will be the location, but will post that as soon as it's settled, no later than tomorrow evening. we are looking for a space in sebastopol area and any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

looking forward to meeting everyone -

blessings all,
    Lee

11. TopTop #11
    Vet-To-Pet

Re: women's group meeting saturday/location?

I'm definitely interested in joining you on Saturday, and the time suits me as long as we don't run over past 5:00 very much (work in Santa Rosa at 6:00pm). Please keep me informed. Thanks~
    Smiles,
    Guppy
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lee Tuley:
    Hello to everyone interested in the women's group.

we now have 12 women interested!! and the general consensus is to meet on this Saturday between 3-5pm. this is a meeting to organize ourselves and design what/where/when/how we will continue. everyone is welcome to come, and bring your ideas and inspirations. please reply to me if you want to attend so we know what to expect. thanks-

if you can't make this date, but would like to be part of it in the future, still reply, and let us know of your interest. we'll try to bring your ideas to the meeting as well.

we don't yet know what will be the location, but will post that as soon as it's settled, no later than tomorrow evening. we are looking for a space in sebastopol area and any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

looking forward to meeting everyone -

blessings all,
    Lee

12. TopTop #12
    almondraw

Hello, women, I would like to join you saturday...where are we meeting.
    I am interested in the womens group. where are you meeting this saturday? I had been considering starting my own group by calling up some women and friends and stuff like that but this would be great. Sat. 3-5 would be great.
    Please let me know where this saturdays meeting is I would love join.
    We, women, have some issues that we need to air with other women.....like castration of women....lack of support for single moms...oh the list goes on and on. call me and let me know how to find you gals.
    peace and joy,
    Bobbi 707 849-7763
    Last edited by Barry; 07-07-2006 at 02:38 PM.

13. TopTop #13
    Louise

Hi all you women who have written on this topic! I would be happy to host a gathering to see if a group comes out of it. I have a great rural , private location with gardens, outdoor bathtub, lots of sun and seaweed for pampering baths and lavendar scrubs. How about a casual garden party to get together and talk about what kind of group might evolve? Feel free to write to my email or call me if you are interested. Irena Louise 887-1227 [email protected]

14. TopTop #14
    Lee Tuley

women's group location for saturday

Hello all -

it's getting pretty exciting as there are bunches of us all up for this, with lots of good ideas, skills and other contributions to offer.

We are on for 3pm (to 5) tomorrow. Bring your ideas and inspirations. This is an exploratory meeting only to discover what we all want and need out of this.

And, at least for this first meeting, we now have a location near stony point and todd roads. if you reply to this post (privately), i can send the details to you. i'll send out reply emails later this evening, and again, around noon tomorrow. after that i won't be available, but, if you email me, i will let you know what happened.

if you can't make it, but want to play in the future, you can also let me know your preferences as to times, and what you are interested in, etc, and i will present them in the meeting. again, tho, you'll have to email me (privately) by noon tomorrow to do that.

I am so looking forward to meeting you all.

Warmly,
    Lee Tuley

15. TopTop #15
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: women's group location for saturday

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lee Tuley:
    Hello all -

it's getting pretty exciting as there are bunches of us all up for this, with lots of good ideas, skills and other contributions to offer.
    Fabulous! Its been quite inspiring to watch the women come foward, inlcuding Lee who is returning to the area with rich set of skills to offer and is interested in meeting more women!

WaccoBB.net - Fermenting Community!

Barry

16. TopTop #16
    Lee Tuley

women's group email breakdown

i've just discovered that the message i sent out earlier, around 7, with the location didn't get to everyone, and i've had to reproduce our master list
    (*&^%$*!!!)which has taken some time. if you are on that list and have not yet received the directions, please reply to me (privately) so i can get them to you - just in case we've missed someone. thanks!

warmly,
    Lee

17. TopTop #17
    margi

Re: women's group email breakdown

love to be involved as well. New(ish) to the area and would love to be involved.

Anyone intersted in hikes, walks, doggie play dates (I have a 9 year old sweet, gentle Doberman)? Also intersted in setting up sunday morning coffee get togethers/brunch or table for 8 dinners (where 8-10 gals meet for dinner at a restaurant).

Margi
    Last edited by Barry; 07-09-2006 at 02:21 PM.

18. TopTop #18
    Lee Tuley

update on women's group

Hello all,

This is an update on what happened at the women's group on saturday. There were 9 of us, and we started out in a structured way, sharing about ourselves and what we wanted out of the group. It then quickly became apparent that we wanted to honor the process of getting to know each other as the first step in designing a group that would truly meet our needs, so we decided to have several unstructured meetings in which our process could evolve.

we then decided to see if we could find an agreeable time for our next meeting and, miracle on miracle, we discovered that the 2nd and 4th Thursday night, starting at 7:30 (for now) would actually work for all of us, including those who had expressed their preferences via email. So our next meeting is this coming Thursday night, july 13th.

We also decided to continue to meet (for now) at Trish's home, where the meeting was held this time. If you'd like to come next time, you probably already have the directions. If not, email me (privately) and I will send them to you.

Some of us also plan to meet for a casual drop in for socializing next Saturday, july 15th, at 3 pm, at the slice of life restaurant, near whole foods in sebastopol.

In fact, one of the strategies we talked about was that with so many women, and so many interests and skills, we could encourage 'sub' groups who are interested in something not necessarily shared by the whole group to meet separately, in addition to the every other week Thursday night sessions.

Imho, the group was very stimulating and cohesive, with lots of laughter. Several threads emerged and strategies suggested, but I'm not going to try to report on that here as it is not yet clear what will be adopted. Also my sense is the group wants to maintain a sense of privacy. Having said that, we are still open to be joined by others, so send an email if you'd like to come next time.

Thanks Wacco!

Warmly,
    Lee

19. TopTop #19
    jaya

DEAR WOMEN OF MY HEART~
    I POSTED ANOTHER WOMENS GROUP FORMING ON WACCO IN LATE MAY AND IT IS~ SISTERS CIRCLE FOR VEGETARIAN GODDESSES; CHIC HAG CRONE WISEWOMYN; HEALING WITH LOVE THROUGH MASSAGE & MUSIC & DANCE & ART, LETS GET TOGETHER ~
    IF ANYONE FITS THAT BILL, I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
    LOVE,
    JAYA
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry:

Barry
    (a guy)

20. TopTop #20
    LADYWITHART

i meet with a group of women plus one fella to do Art Therapy. We start by watching a video about art and then delve into the materials provided and create. Near the end we hold up our art, if you want to, and talk about our experience. Others might make supportive comments, if you want them too.
    We meet from 10 am to 12:30 pm at the Charles Street Village in Coati and the teacher is Patricia Waters, a very loving careing lady.
    The cost is free sponsored by the Santa Rosa Junior College. People make small donatiions for materials or bring materials to donate.
    Come try it out any thursday. Some go out to lunch together afterwards.
    Peace, Suzanne

21. TopTop #21
    Hannah Mira
    Supporting Member

I'll be offering a Women's Song Circle at our country home (near Fulton Rd & Highway 12) for 4 weeks starting the first Thursday morning in June...For more information, you're welcome to contact me by email or at 578-4040.
    Best Wishes,
    Hannah
    Hannah Caratti, www.counselingyogameditation.com Counseling, Meditation, Yoga, Music

22. TopTop #22
    dittel

dear hannah,
    could you be a little more specific about your offering? is it an invitation to come sing in your living room with other women for free? or is there a charge for this "service"?