Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Mr. Natural

Keep Wal-Mart out of Santa Rosa

I hope that somebody can phone me in order to tell me if there is any group that is putting out effort to keep Wal-Mart out of Santa Rosa. My phone # is (707)525-4995

Thank-you
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    sf_nicole

Re: Keep Wal-Mart out of Santa Rosa

Hi All,

The best place (I think) to inquire about efforts like this in Sonoma County is www.grassrootswest.org . ut I do know that the Santa Rosa Democratic Club will be talking about WalMart at their Monthly gathering on Wednesday evening , Here is the info from their website:
    The hidden cost of Wal-Mart

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Behind Wal-Mart’s “everyday low prices” lurk hidden costs—from the exploitation of workers in the U.S.and around the world, to increased sprawl and pollution that we end up paying as consumers, taxpayers, workers and citizens. Join those of us who are opposing Wal-Mart’s destructive business model.

CALVIN SIMONS, member Alliance for Democracy in Sonoma County, will introduce the film, “Wal-Mart, the High cost of Low Prices.”

BILL STECK, General Manager of SEIU, Service Employees International Union, will explain the impact of Wal-Mart on unions and the local economy.

MILES EVERETT, PhD in U.S. History, member Peace & Justice Centerr, will speak on the business methods and operations of Wal-Mart, how they deal with employees, suppliers, and the public to achieve their goals.

The speakers will respond to questions from the audience.

This event is free to all, but if you want to take advantage of the full dinner it cost $10.

Event Location:
    Santa Rosa Veterans’ Memorial Building
    135 Maple Avenue, Santa Rosa

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mr. Natural:
    I hope that somebody can phone me in order to tell me if there is any group that is putting out effort to keep Wal-Mart out of Santa Rosa. My phone # is (707)525-4995

Thank-you
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email