Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Michelle Renee

Very Special Kitty with Sad Past Looking for Happy Future

Looking for a loving foster parent or (ideally) permanent loving home for Jane the kitty

Jane’s Story

Jane was rescued a few years ago by the kind staff of Animal Place Sanctuary from a local farm that had gone into disrepair leaving the animals sick and neglected. Many of the animals at the farm where we rescued her were in pretty bad shape, but psychologically, Jane was by far in the worst shape. We found Jane in a disgusting old cage that was barely still standing in the back of a dark barn with old food and dirty water. She had shoved herself between some boards where we could barely reach her and would not let anyone touch her. She was terrified. We found out later that in addition to neglect, Jane had been badly abused as well. We heard stories of her being a play toy for a Boa Constrictor among other things. But even the worst hurts can heal with time.

Jane has come a long way over the past few years. Through a lot of love and assurance from the Animal Place staff and her current foster mother, Michelle, Jane has learned that people can be loving and trustworthy, especially cat lovers! Her daily routine is meditating with her person (she likes to be right on your lap!), assisting in house chores and yoga by walking circles around your ankles and purring, basking in the sun while you work at your computer (always nearby), attacking that cool “bug” that is always attached to a string and stick when she gets into her evening “hyper kitty” mode, and snuggling down in bed with her person for the whole night.

Basics:
    - We are guessing Jane is about 8 years old
    - In perfect health - her teeth just got cleaned as well, so they are extra, squeaky clean
    - Does fine with other dogs and cats as long as they are nice to her (she's been beat up by other kitties before)
    - Needs a quiet environment (young kids probably not a good idea)
    - Needs a stable environment with a cat person that understands her residual fears and will give her the time and space to build trust and fully heal

(see attached pdf for pics)

If you have a soft spot in your heart for a special kitty and are feeling the calling to foster or adopt Jane, or if you know of someone who might, please have them call or email Michelle at 916-671-8635 or [email protected] . I have also attached a flier, so if you know of a good place to post it in the area, I would SO appreciate it. Thanks so much.

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    jesswolfe

Re: Very Special Kitty with Sad Past Looking for Happy Future

Michelle I hope you find a place for her. I would take her but I just adopted a kitty who had also been traumatized and I am full up :)

I want to offer some healing work for Jane and any other animals out there who have been traumatized. I do healings and clearings for animals and people, but my special love is helping animals who have been traumatized. I also work on animals who are especially sensitive by helping them regulate their energy system in a more balanced way so they don't get overwhelmed.

I work with rescued animals for free.

Jessica Wolfe
    Coming Home to the Soul
    www.jessicawolfe.net
    707-536-5462

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Michelle Renee: View Post
    Looking for a loving foster parent or (ideally) permanent loving home for Jane the kitty

Jane’s Story

Jane was rescued a few years ago by the kind staff of Animal Place Sanctuary from a local farm that had gone into disrepair leaving the animals sick and neglected. Many of the animals at the farm where we rescued her were in pretty bad shape, but psychologically, Jane was by far in the worst shape. We found Jane in a disgusting old cage that was barely still standing in the back of a dark barn with old food and dirty water. She had shoved herself between some boards where we could barely reach her and would not let anyone touch her. She was terrified. We found out later that in addition to neglect, Jane had been badly abused as well. We heard stories of her being a play toy for a Boa Constrictor among other things. But even the worst hurts can heal with time.

Jane has come a long way over the past few years. Through a lot of love and assurance from the Animal Place staff and her current foster mother, Michelle, Jane has learned that people can be loving and trustworthy, especially cat lovers! Her daily routine is meditating with her person (she likes to be right on your lap!), assisting in house chores and yoga by walking circles around your ankles and purring, basking in the sun while you work at your computer (always nearby), attacking that cool “bug” that is always attached to a string and stick when she gets into her evening “hyper kitty” mode, and snuggling down in bed with her person for the whole night.

Basics:
    - We are guessing Jane is about 8 years old
    - In perfect health - her teeth just got cleaned as well, so they are extra, squeaky clean
    - Does fine with other dogs and cats as long as they are nice to her (she's been beat up by other kitties before)
    - Needs a quiet environment (young kids probably not a good idea)
    - Needs a stable environment with a cat person that understands her residual fears and will give her the time and space to build trust and fully heal

(see attached pdf for pics)

If you have a soft spot in your heart for a special kitty and are feeling the calling to foster or adopt Jane, or if you know of someone who might, please have them call or email Michelle at 916-671-8635 or [email protected] . I have also attached a flier, so if you know of a good place to post it in the area, I would SO appreciate it. Thanks so much.

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email