Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Beverly Riverwood

Foreclosure research and survival group?

Dear people,
    I have been struggling with several banks as my home was sold again and again over the past four years since my mortgage was nearly tripled. (My savings and retirement are now gone). Now I am trying to obtain an unemployment forbearance from Chase What Matters, who say they own my little home of 25 years. (I borrowed to rebuild after severe termite damage). A ten day process has taken over six months.

I am wondering if others who are experiencing this have found strategies not only for dealing with the banks, but also for maintaining their equilibrium and sanity during this Kafkaesque process? At this point, I'd welcome getting together to share information about tactics and for mutual support. I know the field is always changing and am feeling tired from constant vigilenge and battle and not being able to continue my life projects. Perhaps we could develop and share creative solutions and maybe even save a few homes.

Currently I work until 7pm each day, but have some time on Wednesday evenings and on weekends to meet and talk or exchange ideas by phone. The best way to reach me right now is by email. [email protected]
    If there is already a support/action group I'd love to learn about it. Thanks.

ps. Please don't respond if you want to charge me to "represent" me. I've found the sharks already.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Magick

Re: Foreclosure research and survival group?

Hi! OccupyBernal is Sf has helped quite a few people save their homes. i suggest you visit their website and see if you can find some help there.
    Also check out this website for ACCE https://www.calorganize.org/ they have also succeeded. There is no charge.
    I have been to auctions at city hall and we beat pots and pans play music and blow whistles to stop the auctioning of homes and we have stopped many.
    It is important to find allies and possibly Occupy Santa Rosa could help you form a group.
    Many who were fighting alone and ashamed came to these groups and now they realize they were dealing with truly criminal behavior of the banks.
    Phil Ting the SF accessor did a study and found that 84% of foreclosures had illegal aspects to them.
    If I can be of help let me know.
    I know a real estate agent who I will send this to, who I have just asked to volunteer to help people in your situation.
    In Solidarity,
    Magick

Quote Posted in reply to the post by briverwood: View Post
    Dear people,
    I have been struggling with several banks as my home was sold again and again over the past four years since my mortgage was nearly tripled. (My savings and retirement are now gone). Now I am trying to obtain an unemployment forbearance from Chase What Matters, who say they own my little home of 25 years. (I borrowed to rebuild after severe termite damage). A ten day process has taken over six months.

I am wondering if others who are experiencing this have found strategies not only for dealing with the banks, but also for maintaining their equilibrium and sanity during this Kafkaesque process? At this point, I'd welcome getting together to share information about tactics and for mutual support. I know the field is always changing and am feeling tired from constant vigilenge and battle and not being able to continue my life projects. Perhaps we could develop and share creative solutions and maybe even save a few homes.

Currently I work until 7pm each day, but have some time on Wednesday evenings and on weekends to meet and talk or exchange ideas by phone. The best way to reach me right now is by email. [email protected]
    If there is already a support/action group I'd love to learn about it. Thanks.

ps. Please don't respond if you want to charge me to "represent" me. I've found the sharks already.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: