Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

PAX~World News Respects the Prime Directive

Name:  AlisonPAX.jpg
Views: 1626
Size:  26.2 KB

Studying men for 21 years has given me ample opportunities to be wrong. Wrong about who men are, how men think, what men are motivated by, even about why men might not put the toilet seat down. But I thought my major mistakes were made before I started studying men -- not since. Guess what? Wrong again!

Since 1995, we’ve been teaching women that every species has three imperatives: Protect, Provide and Procreate. Watch any educational nature show, about the animal kingdom or the lowliest microscopic critter, and you’ll learn how they do those three things. Understanding how men do them has opened up a world of compassion and communication.

A couple of years ago, I b
    ecame aware of an order of priority -- that Protecting comes before Providing. This is why a man will say, “No,” to the thing that will make his wife the happiest woman in the world. Because providing that thing threatens some other, more important part of life. Like the retirement fund or his limited energy. I’ve taught women to look out for what their men are compelled to protect and respect those things, take them into account, defend them as well, etc. And this has put partnership where hurt feelings used to rule.

Then, at the Hero’s Challenge workshop in February, I was made aware that I was not paying adequate attention to “Procreate” in the hierarchy of men’s instincts. This led me to an inquiry with Greg, my husband of 19 years. I told him what I was working on and asked, “So, is it Protect then Provide then Procreate?” He shook his head. “Or, Protect then Provide and Procreate? Or Protect then Procreate then Provide?” He had the kindest look on his face as he gently encouraged me: “Keep going...”

The light bulbs went off, my eyes got real big and he nodded. “No... Procreate is first?” I asked. Looking intently into my eyes, he replied, “Procreate is always first. Otherwise you have nothing to protect or provide for.” Lest you think Greg is different, my dear friend Joe said the same words.

In the three months since, my study of men and women has taken on a new dimension -- the dimension of the Prime Directive: Procreate first and foremost. I’ve been watching how it drives men and women to do all manner of things. Like women circling a newborn baby or the anguish of being 35 and looking for a partner. Like the amount of energy men spend trying to overcome the tremendous distraction women are... Amazing how our presence can break through even the most intense focus!

One of the greatest things I have is a new respect. For the fuel that sex gives men to protect and provide. And for how “civilized” men are.

Thank you, Gentlemen, for how responsible you are, for how careful you are, for how consciously you manage this most powerful and primitive of instincts. Thank you for all your kindness, patience, respect and consideration. Thank you for loving women. Thank you for honoring us women ~ both with your desire and with the management of that desire.

In partnership,
    Alison Armstrong
    www.understandmen.com
    Opt-out of having a smart meter whether you have one now or not, anytime. 1-866-743-0263 24/7 Spread the word. More info here.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: PAX~World News Respects the Prime Directive

This is the best defense of horniness I've heard!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by ubaru: View Post

Studying men for 21 years has given me ample opportunities to be wrong. Wrong about who men are, how men think, what men are motivated by, even about why men might not put the toilet seat down. But I thought my major mistakes were made before I started studying men -- not since. Guess what? Wrong again!

Since 1995, we’ve been teaching women that every species has three imperatives: Protect, Provide and Procreate. Watch any educational nature show, about the animal kingdom or the lowliest microscopic critter, and you’ll learn how they do those three things. Understanding how men do them has opened up a world of compassion and communication.

A couple of years ago, I b
    ecame aware of an order of priority -- that Protecting comes before Providing. This is why a man will say, “No,” to the thing that will make his wife the happiest woman in the world. Because providing that thing threatens some other, more important part of life. Like the retirement fund or his limited energy. I’ve taught women to look out for what their men are compelled to protect and respect those things, take them into account, defend them as well, etc. And this has put partnership where hurt feelings used to rule.

Then, at the Hero’s Challenge workshop in February, I was made aware that I was not paying adequate attention to “Procreate” in the hierarchy of men’s instincts. This led me to an inquiry with Greg, my husband of 19 years. I told him what I was working on and asked, “So, is it Protect then Provide then Procreate?” He shook his head. “Or, Protect then Provide and Procreate? Or Protect then Procreate then Provide?” He had the kindest look on his face as he gently encouraged me: “Keep going...”

The light bulbs went off, my eyes got real big and he nodded. “No... Procreate is first?” I asked. Looking intently into my eyes, he replied, “Procreate is always first. Otherwise you have nothing to protect or provide for.” Lest you think Greg is different, my dear friend Joe said the same words.

In the three months since, my study of men and women has taken on a new dimension -- the dimension of the Prime Directive: Procreate first and foremost. I’ve been watching how it drives men and women to do all manner of things. Like women circling a newborn baby or the anguish of being 35 and looking for a partner. Like the amount of energy men spend trying to overcome the tremendous distraction women are... Amazing how our presence can break through even the most intense focus!

One of the greatest things I have is a new respect. For the fuel that sex gives men to protect and provide. And for how “civilized” men are.

Thank you, Gentlemen, for how responsible you are, for how careful you are, for how consciously you manage this most powerful and primitive of instincts. Thank you for all your kindness, patience, respect and consideration. Thank you for loving women. Thank you for honoring us women ~ both with your desire and with the management of that desire.

In partnership,
    Alison Armstrong
    www.understandmen.com

3. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

4. TopTop #3
    alanora

Kind of surprised that it is a new understanding that men are often driven by the little head instead of the larger one atop the shoulders! You are correct in your observation that a learning is required to channel the energy appropriately, though for some, age is the only antidote.......Thanks for the giggle. Blessings. Mindy

Procreate first and foremost.

5. TopTop #4

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    This is the best defense of horniness I've heard!
    Yes, regarding Alison Armstrong, she helps women understand the war of the sexes that began when women took over mens jobs during WW2 and the misunderstandings that occurred when the men came back and desperately needed life to return to normal. Women discovered then what it was to be important, but they lost sight that they were already priceless from the qualities only women can provide; beauty, nurturing, comfort and so much more. Things men know they themselves could never be in a thousand years.

So women traded in priceless for important. When that is understood and healed, and women can truly admire men again, instead of believing the popular notion that men are pigs, the feminist stance that was born out of the war of the sexes becomes not feminism, but femininism. That is, reclaiming our femininity.

She also teaches women to really understand what sex provides for men and how much more men can bring to a relationship when they get it as much as they need. She recommends that women provide sex for their men whenever they need it within her defined pumpkin hours; to almost always say yes, even if they are not in the mood. (It's pretty easy to get in the mood once you start). She teaches women how to really listen to men and not interrupt them when they pause to think. This plus many other teachings have made for a lot of men out there who will only be with women who have taken Alison's classes. See www.understandmen.com

I am listening to Alison Armstrong's fabulous teaching novel right now, Keys to the Kingdom, in which she teaches the life stages of men and what to expect in each stage, and how to be with men most effectively in each stage. Ordinarily there is much pain for women when they misunderstand the things a man simply can't do or be in different life stages, which translates as frustration and unfulfillment for men and women in relationship. This information and understanding is an eye opener and completely radicalizes and heals relationships between men and women. I highly recommend it for men and women alike.

Liz

p.s. For men going through their mid-life crisis, it can really make things easier.
    Opt-out of having a smart meter whether you have one now or not, anytime. 1-866-743-0263 24/7 Spread the word. More info here.

6. TopTop #5

I can say with great pleasure that at last we have found a subject on which I can agree with you wholeheartedly!

Patrick Brinton

Yes, regarding Alison Armstrong, she helps women understand the war of the sexes that began when women took over mens jobs during WW2 and the misunderstandings that occurred when the men came back and desperately needed life to return to normal. Women discovered then what it was to be important, but they lost sight that they were already priceless from the qualities only women can provide; beauty, nurturing, comfort and so much more. Things men know they themselves could never be in a thousand years.

So women traded in priceless for important. When that is understood and healed, and women can truly admire men again, instead of believing the popular notion that men are pigs, the feminist stance that was born out of the war of the sexes becomes not feminism, but femininism. That is, reclaiming our femininity.

She also teaches women to really understand what sex provides for men and how much more men can bring to a relationship when they get it as much as they need. She recommends that women provide sex for their men whenever they need it within her defined pumpkin hours; to almost always say yes, even if they are not in the mood. (It's pretty easy to get in the mood once you start). She teaches women how to really listen to men and not interrupt them when they pause to think. This plus many other teachings have made for a lot of men out there who will only be with women who have taken Alison's classes. See www.understandmen.com

I am listening to Alison Armstrong's fabulous teaching novel right now, Keys to the Kingdom, in which she teaches the life stages of men and what to expect in each stage, and how to be with men most effectively in each stage. Ordinarily there is much pain for women when they misunderstand the things a man simply can't do or be in different life stages, which translates as frustration and unfulfillment for men and women in relationship. This information and understanding is an eye opener and completely radicalizes and heals relationships between men and women. I highly recommend it for men and women alike.

Liz

p.s. For men going through their mid-life crisis, it can really make things easier.

7. Gratitude expressed by: