Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    shannakgds

Eclipse-Viewing?

Does anyone have any hot tips on where to procure eclipse-viewing shades before tomorrow's eclipse? (and at this late hour, :uh huh:!!)

Or any other DIY ideas besides the pinhole viewing? I'd really prefer to view it directly, if I can....

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2

Re: Eclipse-Viewing?

Because this is not a total eclipse, some portion of the sun will always be exposed. To prevent eye damage, use eclipse glasses, a safely-filtered telescope, or a solar projector to observe the eclipse. You can make a handy solar projector by criss-crossing your fingers waffle-style. Rays of light beaming through the gaps will have the same shape as the eclipsed sun. Or look on the ground beneath leafy trees for crescent-shaped sunbeams and rings of light.Solar eclipse resources:
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by shannakgds: View Post
    Does anyone have any hot tips on where to procure eclipse-viewing shades before tomorrow's eclipse? (and at this late hour, :uh huh:!!)

Or any other DIY ideas besides the pinhole viewing? I'd really prefer to view it directly, if I can....

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Opt-out of having a smart meter whether you have one now or not, anytime. 1-866-743-0263 24/7 Spread the word. More info here.

3. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

4. TopTop #3

Many of my neighbors at our condo complex were in awe of the way the eclipse was revealed in the shadows of the leaves of the trees. I captured several minutes of it on video.

My thanks to those who planned the meditation at Ragle. It was quite special.

We are blessed.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by ubaru: View Post
    Because this is not a total eclipse, some portion of the sun will always be exposed. To prevent eye damage, use eclipse glasses, a safely-filtered telescope, or a solar projector to observe the eclipse. You can make a handy solar projector by criss-crossing your fingers waffle-style. Rays of light beaming through the gaps will have the same shape as the eclipsed sun. Or look on the ground beneath leafy trees for crescent-shaped sunbeams and rings of light.Solar eclipse resources:

5. TopTop #4
    Attic

My wife and I managed to take some unusual photos during the solar eclipse . Take a look at these pictures from our home's side wall. The light filtering through the tree's distinctly shows a repeating pattern of the eclipse. The shots show the phenomenon of crescent Sun shadows being cast under trees as the light polarized and the leaves focus the image on the wall.

Name:  SolarEclipse-2.jpg
Views: 1054
Size:  52.7 KB
    Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Expand   Expand  
    Last edited by Barry; 05-22-2012 at 06:00 PM.

6. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

7. TopTop #5

Here's a shot from my cousin in Reno where the eclipse was at 100%. It was taken through a telescope.

Name:  SolarEclipseInReno.PNG
Views: 921
Size:  361.2 KB

And this Fairfax man reflected it through binoculars and got great shots including of some sunspots. https://abc123xyz.com/projects--/eclipse/

Opt-out of having a smart meter whether you have one now or not, anytime. 1-866-743-0263 24/7 Spread the word. More info here.

8. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

9. TopTop #6
    Attic

That is exceptional. Thanks

Quote Posted in reply to the post by ubaru: View Post
    Here's a shot from my cousin in Reno where the eclipse was at 100%. It was taken through a telescope.

Name:  SolarEclipseInReno.PNG
Views: 921
Size:  361.2 KB

And this Fairfax man reflected it through binoculars and got great shots including of some sunspots. https://abc123xyz.com/projects--/eclipse/