Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Lorrie

Ever filed for Disability?

Hey you Waccos!

I have finally filed for disability with Social Security at the urging of my brother. I have just sent in the "how does your illness /condition affect..." and work history forms in yesterday. I think I mentioned pain about a hundred times in it.
    I have a physical problem that makes me practically a poster child for disability as described. It is visible in an xray; or the CT scan that I had done for another issue.

I probably should have asked this question before I sent it in, but at least I will know what to sortof expect.

I have heard many scary stories about how almost everyone will get denied the first time around. I am not sure if I want to fight it if they tell me no.

I am hoping that what my issue is alone is enough.

Have you been through this? Can you tell me what your experience was or is? Please?
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    advocarole

Re: Ever filed for Disability?

Hi WACCO reader,

I am an experienced social security disability advocate who can talk with you and answer any of your questions about the application process. There is no fee or charge for this consultation. If you get denied by Social Security and need to file an appeal, I can also help you complete the forms and file it timely. Social security advocates usually do not charge any fee for service until your case is won. No win no cost or fees to client. I have a perfect client win record in Social Security hearings and appeals. Call me, I will make sure your medical records are inclusive and received by SSA. I will monitor the status of your claim and advocate for your approval.

References (former happy clients and colleagues) available upon request.

It is a jungle out there, let me be your guide!

Carole Domeikis, MA.,JD.
    707-889-2914

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lorrie: View Post
    I have finally filed for disability with Social Security at the urging of my brother. I have just sent in the "how does your illness /condition affect..." and work history forms in yesterday. I think I mentioned pain about a hundred times in it.
    I have a physical problem that makes me practically a poster child for disability as described. It is visible in an xray; or the CT scan that I had done for another issue.

I probably should have asked this question before I sent it in, but at least I will know what to sortof expect.

I have heard many scary stories about how almost everyone will get denied the first time around. I am not sure if I want to fight it if they tell me no.

Have you been through this? Can you tell me what your experience was or is? Please?
    Last edited by Barry; 04-25-2012 at 11:02 AM.

3. TopTop #3
    Lorrie

I was denied

Hey you Waccos!

4. TopTop #4
    Barrie
    Supporting member

I haven't filed, but i have known a number of people who have filed successfully. It makes a BIG difference if you have a lawyer or someone experienced to help youl. Dan McCaskell in Santa Rosa, also Disability Services on Mendocino Ave in Santa Rosa. Barrie
    I was denied

5. TopTop #5
    alanora

It is helpful to get a disability representative. They get up to 33%of any lump sum you may get, and nothing if they are not successful. That is what got me my disability. I was in socal at the time so refs not appropriate. Then they tell you where to go and what to say.......It was finally, actually the disability doc, the guy on the other side who must have forgotten which side he was on that ok'd me........It is a process, and it seems overwhelming at times, especially while dealing with health issues. Ask for help. Blessings, Mindy Elias.

Hey you Waccos!

6. TopTop #6
    packardcarr

Let's be accurate. A lawyer will be awarded only 25% of the accrued disability benefit, up to a maximum of $6,000. So if you are awarded $1500/mo for the last 24 months, that totals $36,000, the $6,000 maximum attorney's fee is only about 16-2/3%. It is never 33-1/3%. The poster who wrote that is mistaken. Probably heard our ex-governor, Schwartzenegger, claim that work comp lawyers get 33-1/3%. Also wrong. Another good SS rep is the Santa Rosa law firm of Fluss & Williams.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barrie: View Post
    I haven't filed, but i have known a number of people who have filed successfully. It makes a BIG difference if you have a lawyer or someone experienced to help youl. Dan McCaskell in Santa Rosa, also Disability Services on Mendocino Ave in Santa Rosa. Barrie