Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Mudwoman

Calling ALL LabelGMOs volunteers ~ Have YOU gathered any signatures yet? 6 weeks to go...

Sonoma County [LabelGMOs] Volunteers,
    Below is a note from Pamm (the founder of the initiative) to everyone. We need ALL of you to make this happen.

Karen H

Hi -

I wanted to write a personal note to all of you out there who care about the California GMO Labeling Initiative.

We NEED you...if you've...signed up to volunteer to help us gather signatures. Thanks to those who have helped this effort already...you've done an amazing job!!

But like any volunteer effort, many of you have signed up but have not yet found time to help us. We can do this but we need YOU! I'm not kidding when I say that every one of us is needed to battle this huge Goliath. And, folks..they have ALREADY STARTED with their MISINFORMATION against this campaign. They are mobilizing and getting out there in opposition.

PLEASE...if you've not yet gotten signatures, call your local leader to schedule a shift or four. If you have helped, please reach deeper and get out there more. I've personally gotten almost 1000 signatures already. I tell you that because I don't ask anything of anyone that I am not willing to do. EVERY...signature helps.

We are done April 22. We have six more weeks to gather signatures. Please join us because it's through our united effort that we will win this now and in November.

Thanks!!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Mudwoman

Re: Calling ALL LabelGMOs volunteers ~ Have YOU gathered any signatures yet? 6 weeks to go

TONIGHT! Here's another opportunity for LabelGMOs signature gathering AND supporting REAL NEWS (if not good news) from Project Censored 2012.

If you can help with LabelGMOs signature gathering, please contact: Valeri [email protected]

=============================
    Dispatches from the Media Revolution
    Project Censored 2012
    March 15, 2012

Wine and Cheese Reception 6:00-7:00 PM: Event 7:00-9:00 PM

Arlene Francis Center for Spirit Art and Politics
    99 6th St. Santa Rosa, CA

Donation $10.00 at the Door

Join us for reports and dialogue on this part year’s top censored stories and media analysis by Media Freedom Foundaton President Peter Phillips, Project Censored Director Mickey Huff, Associate Director Andy Roth, Abby Martin of Media Roots, Michale Levitin of the Occupy Wall Street Journal, Dennis Bernstein (poet and KPFA Flashpoint producer) Nora Barrows-Friedman (Electronic Intifada) and many more.

Celebrate Project Censored’s latest book
    Censored 2012: Sourcebook for the Media Revolution

Censored 2012 invloved over 100 professors and 250 students from 19 colleges and universities all over the world. Books can be purchased online atwww.projectcensored.org or by coming to the event March 15th

The event will be streamed live online athttps://NoLiesRadio.org
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email