Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    daynurse

What Facebook Can Accomplish - hilarious!

This was too good not to share. Original poster is from Louisiana!

Ward Reilly

Help me out here...I can't identify this bird at my feeder...88 species on my list, but not this one. Anyone?

Share · 4 hours ago ·

• 16 people like this.

• Patrick R. Kuhn That's a chicken.
      • Wayne Parker That CAN'T be a chicken. Its pecker is too small.
      • Jane Highwater Wayne, what a joker! I think it might be an American Redstart (though I've never seen one myself)
      • Marc Train It sure looks like a Redstart.
      • Clair Saint We have them but the yellow is red and it's a red winged blackbird so I would think that it is a yellow winged black bird we have them too where are you?
      • Wayne Parker I'm looking at a pic of an American Redstart in my Audubon Society book, and thise doesn't look like one. Its body is too dark and its head is WAY too dark, as well as being blue.

Now that I've provided that useless commentary, I'll see if I can find a pic of the one above.
      • Louis Allen Griffiths Maybe it's a drone?
      • Marsha Weinschenker Sorry I can't be of help. I have never seen one of these. Thanks for sharing.
      • Danielle La Fond Yellow cockerel spaniel. AKA "Chicken dog."
      • Wayne Parker I just went through all the pics of "perching birds" and the American Redstart is the only one that comes anywhere near it in looks.
      • Smarzy Doppleganger https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/...Redstart/id/acAmerican Redstart, Identification, All About Birds - Cornell Lab of Ornithology
        www.allaboutbirds.orgLearn how to identify American Redstart, its life history, cool facts, sounds an...d calls, and watch videos. A boldly patterned warbler of second growth woods, the American Redstart frequently flashes its orange and black wings and tail to flush insect prey from foliage.See More

• Gerald Ali illegal immigrant ???
      • Lucia Sol I love it despite not knowing its name!
      • Wayne Parker https://www.wbu.com/chipperwoods/photos/redstart.htm

Based on the pic on this link, it's an American Restart.American Redstart
        www.wbu.comThe American Redstart is a Neotropical migrant resident in Central America, ...northwestern South America and the West Indies. It feeds flycatcher-like, sallying forth to catch insects, or gleaning them from vegetation. The rictal bristles around a broad based bill attest to this flycatcher...See More

• Lucia Sol ‎:D
      • Ward Reilly You guys are geniuses...add American Redstart to my list!!! Most have orange, but I found one exactly like it, in yellow! TY!!!
      • Wayne Parker The pic in my Audubon Book is apparently a female. The one above is male.
      • Lucia Sol ‎;)
      • Dianna Harris I don't know what kind it is but it sure is pretty.
      • Steph Kadwell Damn fine example of a constructive use of facebook. Nice.
      • Ward Reilly Posted a pic from the Redstart site...thx all. :>)
      • Steve Kurylo It's either a Yellow-Rumped Wabler or a Virginia's Wabler. They are indiginous in he south. Probably a male!
      • F.X. Flinn I'd go with a Redstart; during its first year what becomes red is yellow. Their heads are lighter during this stage and become darker. So it looks like this one's head has started to become darker but the plumage is still yellow. See Sibley'
      • Ward Reilly American Redstart, Steve...
      • F.X. Flinn s page 446
      • Steve Kurylo OK, thanks
      • Jane Highwater I wonder if the Redstart has a summer and a winter "coat" (What do you call it when it's feathers???) I've also heard that sometimes birds cross species...
      • Steve Kurylo A head start!
      • Steph Kadwell ‎@Jane, plumage.
      • Dez Crawford Looks like a redstart with some painted bunting characteristics from the colors (on MY monitor, anyway). Definitely a redstart tail.
      • Ward Reilly It was DELICIOUS... :>)
      • Steph Kadwell I was going to ask you if you made a pie but that would be just tasteless! SO tasteless.
      • Topher Henning https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/search/ac
      • Alan Dorchak that's the wenotgonna swallow this time brought back from near extinction by a invasive, parasite called greedicus maxfuckeriious fungus which was created in a lab. So law of unintended consequences brings us back to wenotgonna swallow again.
      • Terry Cotten it IS an american redstart
      • Terry Cotten and it is a male
      • Terry Cotten google it
      • Terry McPartlan Blue headed lesser First we take Manhatten bird?
      • Michael Cuzzort come to greensburg... i have a louisiana bird wathcers book
      • Michael J Campanella who cares fry it up and put some franks on it.. lol..

Last edited by daynurse; 03-11-2012 at 09:19 PM. Reason: clean it up a bit more
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    "Mad" Miles

Re: What Facebook Can Accomplish - hilarious!

I was acquainted with Ward Reilly in the political scene in Chicago in the nineties! And that thread is oh so typical.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by: