Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

PAX~World News Is Spinning in a Reciprocal Universe

Name:  AlisonPAX.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  26.2 KB

PAX~World News Is Spinning in a Reciprocal Universe

Dear Waccobians,

At last weekend's PAX~World Tour we had an amazing time exploring together phenomena of life that were previously invisible. This is one of those that I'd like to share with you immediately - the implications of a Reciprocal Universe.

What the heck is a Reciprocal Universe? It is the world of the feminine where people, predominantly women, serve each other. And in our serving of each other, a tally is being kept and RECIPROCITY is expected. Specifically, a precise reciprocity: if I listen to you for a half hour, then it's your turn to listen to me for an equal time: if I share something intimate with you, it's your turn to share something intimate with me; if you've had me over to lunch at your house, it's my turn to have you over to mine. Exact reciprocity makes everything feel right in a reciprocal universe.

Let's contrast this with a Take & Use Universe. This is the world of the masculine where people are serving a mission or a result. In the service of the mission, providing what is useful is valued, and TAKING & USING those things is expected. More than expected, to take and use is the validation and appreciation of the offering. If I offer an idea and you use it, it was valued and that's my reward. If I listen to you for an hour, and you take the space that provided and go produce a result, our exchange would seem right - in this universe.

Can you see the interaction of these two very different universes could cause difficulties? Especially because we can't see our own universe? The simplest example is a man offering a woman a compliment. Her response may be to compliment him back. Totally unsatisfying to him! He intended for her to take and use that compliment - to be ever more beautiful or happy or empowered.

The implications of just this one thing - Reciprocal versus Take & Use - can be seen in every area of life. It is a source of feelings of being disrespected, unappreciated, even unloved - when that wasn't what was happening at all. So, I recommend taking stock of your universe...in what areas of life are you serving another individual? In what areas are you serving a mission or result? When are you satisfied by reciprocity? When are you thrilled when something you offered was taken and used well? And what could happen if you let your partners know???

To your freedom!
    Alison Armstrong
    www.understandmen.com
    Opt-out of having a smart meter whether you have one now or not, anytime. 1-866-743-0263 24/7 Spread the word. More info here.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: