Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    floribunda

Weather on upper Barnett Valley road?

Hello there,
    I'm thinking about moving to a place on Barnett Valley road somewhat near the Bodega end and a couple of people have told me that the weather up there, especially in the summer, can get really depressing; cold and windy and foggy - Scotland on a bad day. I've been up there a few times recently at various times of day and it's been fine, but micro-climates can sneak up on you...anybody have any experience with it or someone I can ask?
    Thanks!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    redheifer

Re: Weather on upper Barnett Valley road?

Not exactly a true micro climate, but there is more summer fog and more winter wind---depending on the site's exposure to the south--- than elsewhere. If you are a gardner, forget tomatoes, peppers, and melons. But be grateful for being here when it is 90+ in Sebastopol and Santa Rosa. Way above a bad day in Scotland. When we moved here forty years ago from Tomales Bay we thought we had entered a tropic zone. There is a true micro climate zone along Barnett Valley Road's extension---Jonive Road---where some tropicals florish even in winter. Because of the elevation on the northern end of Barnett Valley, we are spared many of the frosts that blanket Freestone and the lower parts of O'Farrell hill. We can catch glimpses of the sea from our property.

3. TopTop #3
    redheifer

Re: Weather on upper Barnett Valley road?

Not exactly a true micro climate, but there is more summer fog and more winter wind---depending on the site's exposure to the south--- than elsewhere. If you are a gardener, forget tomatoes, peppers, and melons. But be grateful for being here when it is 90+ in Sebastopol and Santa Rosa. Way above a bad day in Scotland. When we moved here forty years ago from Tomales Bay we thought we had entered a tropic zone. There is a true micro climate zone along Barnett Valley Road's extension---Jonive Road---where some tropicals florish even in winter. Because of the elevation on the northern end of Barnett Valley, we are spared many of the frosts that blanket Freestone and the lower parts of O'Farrell hill. We can catch glimpses of the sea from our property.