Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    pauladuv

Aging Well: What is it and how can I do it? Group support

Aging happens to us all. It brings questions, emotional and physical changes and sometimes depression, anxiety and loneliness. Often people find these changes hard or uncomfortable to talk about, and that can lead to isolation. You don’t have to go through this alone.This is a group for people who are interested in the exploration of what aging means. Together we will identify cultural myths, personal perceptions of age and develop ways to thrive with grace, courage and humor. Now is the time to explore this most important, yet rarely talked about, experience in life. This group is a safe place to bring your hopes and fears. Come share a unique experience.

Offered by Paula DuVander PsyD, LMFT. New group to start in mid February, time TBD. For more information: 707-573-1234 or email to [email protected]. $45 per meeting or $180 per month.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Shandi

Re: Aging Well: What is it and how can I do it? Group support

Paula,

I know your heart's in the right place, and I'm wondering how many seniors, especially those of us on Social Security incomes of less than $1,000 a month can afford your group, at $180 a month, or $45 per meeting. I know there are some seniors who can easily afford this, along with being able to afford health care, recreational activities, travel, and life's other pleasures, but they may not need this as much as others.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by pauladuv: View Post
    Aging happens to us all. It brings questions, emotional and physical changes and sometimes depression, anxiety and loneliness. Often people find these changes hard or uncomfortable to talk about, and that can lead to isolation. You don’t have to go through this alone.This is a group for people who are interested in the exploration of what aging means. Together we will identify cultural myths, personal perceptions of age and develop ways to thrive with grace, courage and humor. Now is the time to explore this most important, yet rarely talked about, experience in life. This group is a safe place to bring your hopes and fears. Come share a unique experience.

Offered by Paula DuVander PsyD, LMFT. New group to start in mid February, time TBD. For more information: 707-573-1234 or email to [email protected]. $45 per meeting or $180 per month.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: