Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Roland Jacopetti

Kinder, Gentler Credit Cards?

Hi, Waccosialists. Got another question. Anna and I use a Working Assets Visa card, which makes donations to a number of very worthwhile causes every time we make a purchase. But there's one big problem. The Working Assets Visa is actually a Bank of America Visa, and I really don't feel good about doing any sort of business with those heavy-duty banksters. We've contacted Working Assets a number of times, and they won't really deal with this problem, other than to say something about being bound to B of A by contract. I've even written to several of the organizations Working Assets supports. A few were interested, and asked to be kept informed about changes in the situation. The others were silent, like Working Assets (now Credo, by the way.) Does anyone out there know of an alternative to Working Assets that isn't in cahoots with the banksters? Lemme know.

Roland
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    zenekar

Re: Kinder, Gentler Credit Cards?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Roland: View Post
    Hi, Waccosialists. Got another question. Anna and I use a Working Assets Visa card, which makes donations to a number of very worthwhile causes every time we make a purchase. But there's one big problem. The Working Assets Visa is actually a Bank of America Visa, and I really don't feel good about doing any sort of business with those heavy-duty banksters. We've contacted Working Assets a number of times, and they won't really deal with this problem, other than to say something about being bound to B of A by contract. I've even written to several of the organizations Working Assets supports. A few were interested, and asked to be kept informed about changes in the situation. The others were silent, like Working Assets (now Credo, by the way.) Does anyone out there know of an alternative to Working Assets that isn't in cahoots with the banksters? Lemme know.

Roland
    I don't think that local credit unions, like Community First and Redwood Credity Union, make donations to progressive causes but they do keep the dollars circulating in the community. And they offer credit cards.

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #3

Re: Kinder, Gentler Credit Cards?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Roland: View Post

Roland
    Try www.creditcardconnection.org for a list of credit unions that offer credit cards and offer the most fair and ethical programs.

Liz
    Opt-out of having a smart meter whether you have one now or not, anytime. 1-866-743-0263 24/7 Spread the word. More info here.

5. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: