Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    sophiopia

Marianne Williamson Speaking About the Occupy Movement, in Berkeley

i've only watched half of this, so far, and it's fantastic:

https://vimeo.com/32070581
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2

Re: Marianne Williamson Speaking About the Occupy Movement, in Berkeley

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sophiopia:

I just listened to this and I want to put a shout out there that it is powerful, inspirational, and it will help the Occupy movement and your own spiritual development for you to watch it.

Here are a few highlights (but do not let these be a substitute for your hearing it from Marianne):

She gives a historical perspective of what made America what it is, all the way back to William Penn refusing to bow to the aristocracy in England, and from the Suffragette and Civil Rights Movements. And historical knowledge is spiritually powerful. Let it feed you.

We, as Americans, are stewards of democracy and of our Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights, just as our Founding Fathers were. It's time to actively behave as stewards.

"You can either have large amounts of money in the hands of the few, OR you can have democracy." -Justice Thurgood

Let go of your co-dependence with the two party political system. George Washington warned against political parties. All great things in this country have come from third political parties.

If we do not course correct, we will lose our democracy. And that would be a grave tragedy not only for ourselves, but for the whole world.

They have the big money, the seemingly all potent power. We have spiritual power and a better idea, and this is always more powerful.

She gave an excellent, not to be missed, primer on the finer points of non-violence and the power of using it well. If the ruling elite feel our contempt, our message will not be effective. This is a chance for all of us to up the quality of our communication and our spiritual development. I would like to see everyone here on Wacco using these non-violent principles in our dialogues, as well as on the streets in Occupations.

Good stuff here. Really good.

Liz

Opt-out of having a smart meter whether you have one now or not, anytime. 1-866-743-0263 24/7 Spread the word. More info here.

4. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

5. TopTop #3

Re: Marianne Williamson Speaking About the Occupy Movement, in Berkeley

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sophiopia: View Post

https://vimeo.com/32070581
    This is a truly wonderful and inspiring talk. I had never seen Marianne Williamson speak before, and I was absolutely blown away. She is maybe the best inspirational speaker I have seen since I saw Helen Caldicott at the College of Marin back in the 80s. She places the Occupy movement firmly in the tradition of the great liberation movements of the past, and says that we have an absolute duty to do our part in correcting the errors of the recent past and passing on a strong and vibrant democracy to future generations, just as those movements did for us. There can be no true democracy in the presence of such economic disparity. The movement will prevail because it has a strong moral basis, and she says that moral persuasion is the proper means of communicating with one's opponents.

Everyone should watch this. Really. Click on it right now and at least bookmark it (it is a little over an hour long.)

Patrick Brinton

6. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: