Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Great new Southern Indian Restaurant! Sobbit Goa

At the Big Oak Plaza, 3rd and Fulton Streets, is a new restaurant: Sobbit Goa (which means "beautiful Goa") and they have a $7.95 buffet lunch which is great; there are several dishes which I haven't seen in the other Indian restaurants. After having the buffet last week, we went there for dinner last night, and the regular menu is huge, and everything was excellent! Don't want them to tank!
    Last edited by Barry; 10-22-2011 at 06:15 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

3. TopTop #2
    "Mad" Miles

Re: Great new Southern Indian restauant!

I've been to Sobbit Goa twice in the past few months and they are really good! Great even!!!

What distinguishes Goanese food from other Indian cuisine is the Portuguese influence, combined with the Southern Indian style, with an emphasis on seafood. Just google Goa if you don't know the history.

My understanding is that Goa is quite popular with the international backpacking set. It was featured at the beginning of the second Bourne film.

If you like your food spicy, Indian spicy, you'll want to ask for it that way. The chef really has a delicate touch.

The service is very attentive, what I would call "Old World".

Pricing is standard for local Indian places. Which means if you're ordering a la carte, it will run you around $30-$40 for two curries, rice, naan and a beverage. That's enough food for at least two to three meals for one.

So, if your money is tight, go for the buffet! $7.95 all you can eat. I haven't been there for lunch, so I can't comment on the selection.

Thanks for reminding me Sara, I've been meaning to add a post about Sobbit Goa to my restaurant thread, just been too busy monitoring the Occupy! movement, commenting and promoting. I'm missing today's march as I type this!?

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Great new Southern Indian restaurant!

Sobbit Goa has a listing in our new Business Directory. This would be a great place to post further reviews. Please help contribute to our community database!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sara S: View Post
    At the Big Oak Plaza, 3rd and Fulton Streets, is a new restaurant: Sobbit Goa (which means "beautiful Goa") and they have a $7.95 buffet lunch which is great; there are several dishes which I haven't seen in the other Indian restaurants. After having the buffet last week, we went there for dinner last night, and the regular menu is huge, and everything was excellent! Don't want them to tank!