Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    TrialxError

We the People Petition: Approve the release of President Obama's records to the public

There is not yet a proper vetting system for presidential candidates.

There are three qualifications an individual must meet to be eligible for the office of president of the United States:

1. He or she must be a natural born citizen of the United States.
    2. He or she must be at least thirty-five years old.
    3. He or she must have been a permanent resident in the United States for at least fourteen years.

Obama should release his records, which include:

Passport records, school records, Illinois State Bar Association records, Illinois State Senate records, and adoption records.

President Obama has the opportunity to truly make his presidency one of true transparency. A United States president should have very limited privacy when it concerns their records.

Thank-you President Obama.

Please sign the petition here:

https://wh.gov/4lt

Thank-you everyone!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    podfish

Re: We the People Petition: Approve the release of President Obama's records to the public

Quote Posted in reply to the post by TrialxError: View Post
    There is not yet a proper vetting system for presidential candidates.

There are three qualifications an individual must meet to be eligible for the office of president of the United States:

1. He or she must be a natural born citizen of the United States.
    2. He or she must be at least thirty-five years old.
    3. He or she must have been a permanent resident in the United States for at least fourteen years.

Obama should release his records, which include:

Passport records, school records, Illinois State Bar Association records, Illinois State Senate records, and adoption records.

President Obama has the opportunity to truly make his presidency one of true transparency. A United States president should have very limited privacy when it concerns their records.

Thank-you President Obama.

Please sign the petition here:

https://wh.gov/4lt

Thank-you everyone!
    you know, after looking at the range of candidates out there, the list of qualifications above sound kinda irrelevant. The qualifications that are lacking in most of those seeking office are far more important, when you look at what they're going to do if we're unlucky enough to see any of them.

3. TopTop #3

Re: We the People Petition: Approve the release of President Obama's records to the public

Although I almost always resist getting involved in discussions of this nature, I can't resist saying that the entire scope of this seems utterly irrelevant. We are facing some of the most challenging situations of the last 60 or so years and people want to continue to beat this broken drum? I hardly see the relevance of President Obama's school records, for example. It's all a ruse and a dangerous distraction. If you truly care about this country, you will turn your attention to issues that actually matter.

4. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

5. TopTop #4
    TrialxError

@podfish and @oliviathunderkitty

I believe the Constitution is important and must be upheld.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by oliviathunderkitty: View Post
    I hardly see the relevance of President Obama's school records, for example.
    He may very well have been adopted and/or had a name change. It was just revealed by a Hawaii clerk that Obama had to get a court order in order to release his long form birth certificate. It is possible Obama received aid as a foreign student. He may very well have gone to college as Barry Soetoro instead of Obama as well.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by oliviathunderkitty: View Post
    It's all a ruse and a dangerous distraction. If you truly care about this country, you will turn your attention to issues that actually matter.
    I find this particular comment very opinionated and somewhat hurtful. I pay attention to all kinds of issues. I personally believe the birth narrative is a distraction and what Obama actually wants to hide is fraud. I think this does matter. You may think it doesn't, but please don't force your opinion on me.