Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: CVS Blight
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    tommy

CVS Blight

I had a friend urge me to attend the Sebastopol Design Review Board Meeting, on Wed August 3, 4 pm.

Evidently the Sebastopol City Council has caved - or been bought out - by the Pig Box Businesses of CVS and Chase Bank, and the Sacramento developer. She said the City Council approved this turkey, because the Sebastpol Planning Commission, although rejecting it, did not specify reasons clearly, therefore creating a weakened position for those of us who live here, and recognize that the intersection of Hwys 12 & 116 is not a strip mall on I-80 in Sacramento, where the developers live, but that this is the heart of our beloved home. I don't want CVS and Chase in my heart.

She said the only way to stop it is for the Sebstopol Design Review Board to reject it. Evidently they usually only comment on stuff like the color of the building, or the slope of the roof. However, in this case, the rejection would be on more fundamental reasons, that is we don't want these ugly decaying predatory pig box retailers in our heart. Both CVS and Chase are already here in the Redwood Marketplace. Keep them there, on the outskirts, out of our heart. Have something go on that we'd love to visit, small retail, environmental, a cafe, non profits, parking, or petition the owner to donate the land for a park.

Please attend the Design Review Meeting, Wed Aug 3 at 4 pm. If anyone knows the location, can you post it?
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: CVS Blight

Quote Posted in reply to the post by tommy: View Post
    Please attend the Design Review Meeting, Wed Aug 3 at 4 pm. If anyone knows the location, can you post it?
    City Hall (by Library)
    See: https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showt...052#post138052

4. TopTop #3

Go to the meetings!!!

I encourage all of you to come and continue to keep this issue alive. The project has not been approved.

6pm on Tuesday, Aug. 2 at the CITY COUNCIL meeting at the Youth Annex

PLEASE consider attending the Design Review Board meeting as well, on Wed. Aug 3rd, at 4pm. at CIty Hall

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post