Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    helenscott08

The Tierra Vegetable Stand/farm

I would like to tell everyone about a really good farm stand I found on AIRPORT Road, here in Santa Rosa. IT is called TIERRA FARM STAND. It is located right in front of their acreage where they grow the vegetables.

Going north on Old Redwood Drive, turn left onto Airport Road, past 4 way stop signs at Fulton and Airport Drive and just a few feet on the right is the Tierra Farm Stand.

They have the most wonderful tomatoes, lemon cucumbers, and all other great vegetables to choose from. Really worth going a little out of your way. The difference between their vegetables and the market vegetables is not to be forgotten.

Tell them you heard about them from the WaccoBB.net. I am interested to know if many people will see this and try out some of their vegetables.

helen s
    Last edited by helenscott08; 08-05-2005 at 10:47 AM. Reason: CHANGE TITLE
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    gandalf

Re: An Experiment to see if this site works

As soon as my life settles down a little and money isn't in shuch hugely short supply I plan on getting most of my vegtables there. All their stuff is grown in the field behind the stand (and another local field). I couldn't believe how wonderful their tomatoes taste. The price is just a little bit higher than most stores as I rember, but well worth it. It's a project that their working on for sustainable small produce. I work just accross the freeway from there.

Oh, from Old Redwood Highway, it's right before the freeway. Or you can take the fulton exit off 101 northbound from Santa Rosa. Then you just make a left at the stopsign and look for the stand on the right. I think their open 11am-5:30pm weekdays or something like that. Southbound take the airport offramp and make a left at airport blvd and look for it on your left after the overpass.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sassydog:
    I would like to tell everyone about a really good farm stand I found on AIRPORT Road, here in Santa Rosa.

Going north on Old Redwood Drive, turn left onto Airport Road, past 4 way stop signs and I think you go over the highway and just beyond the overpass on the right is the Tierra Farm Stand.

They have the most wonderful tomatoes, lemon cucumbers, and all other great vegetables to choose from. Really worth going a little out of your way. The difference between their vegetables and the market vegetables is not to be forgotten.

Tell them you heard about them from the WaccoBB.net. I am interested to know if many people will see this and try out some of their vegetables.

helen s

3. TopTop #3
    helenscott08

Quote Posted in reply to the post by gandalf:
    As soon as my life settles down a little and money isn't in shuch hugely short supply I plan on getting most of my vegtables there. All their stuff is grown in the field behind the stand (and another local field). I couldn't believe how wonderful their tomatoes taste. The price is just a little bit higher than most stores as I rember, but well worth it. It's a project that their working on for sustainable small produce. I work just accross the freeway from there.

Oh, from Old Redwood Highway, it's right before the freeway. Or you can take the fulton exit off 101 northbound from Santa Rosa. Then you just make a left at the stopsign and look for the stand on the right. I think their open 11am-5:30pm weekdays or something like that. Southbound take the airport offramp and make a left at airport blvd and look for it on your left after the overpass.
    Thanks Gandalf: Have you ever tried those lemon cucumbers? They are SOO good. I agree the price is a bit higher but the quality is unbeatable at any price. I am in short end of cash myself but would rather have two of their tomatoes and a couple of the cucumbers than a dozen tomatoes from the market.

helen s

4. TopTop #4
    gandalf

Hehe, yeah, they are very good. My first experience with thos is a little odd. A friend gave me some and didn't tell me what they were. I thought they were a type of squash and baked them. A very odd experiment.

I know what you mean about the quality and I will be shopping there soon, I just don't have the $$ right now. What I did buy there never made it home in the first place as it was munched before I made it through the traffic.

Did you know that there are several hundred varrities of tomatoes with a wide varriety of flavor and that the ones we get in the market are breeds chosen because they ship and keep well? There's a tomato tasting event somewhere arround here yearly.

Thanks Gandalf: Have you ever tried those lemon cucumbers? They are SOO good. I agree the price is a bit higher but the quality is unbeatable at any price. I am in short end of cash myself but would rather have two of their tomatoes and a couple of the cucumbers than a dozen tomatoes from the market.

helen s

5. TopTop #5
    Deb

helen s
    Are they organic?

6. TopTop #6
    SJM

Great information, but I would suggest that it would "work" better if the title of the post was relevant to the information in it. If I hadn't happened to be sitting in a hotel room with nothing else to do, I wouldn't have read it at all. If the post had been titled "Great Fruits and Veggies Available just North of SRosa" or something like that, I think you would get the audience you were hoping for. This is meant to be helpful, NOT critical; please forgive my impertinence if you read it in any other way.

I would like to tell everyone about a really good farm stand I found on AIRPORT Road, here in Santa Rosa.

Going north on Old Redwood Drive, turn left onto Airport Road, past 4 way stop signs and I think you go over the highway and just beyond the overpass on the right is the Tierra Farm Stand.

helen s

7. TopTop #7
    helenscott08

Quote Posted in reply to the post by SJM:
    Great information, but I would suggest that it would "work" better if the title of the post was relevant to the information in it. If I hadn't happened to be sitting in a hotel room with nothing else to do, I wouldn't have read it at all. If the post had been titled "Great Fruits and Veggies Available just North of SRosa" or something like that, I think you would get the audience you were hoping for. This is meant to be helpful, NOT critical; please forgive my impertinence if you read it in any other way.
    Thanks so much for your thoughts. I agree completely. In fact, I had wondered at the time about the title not being correct. As you can see, I have changed it and amended the directions.

Do hope you stop by their stand. I have never bought anything there that wasn't absolutely terrific. The taste is so much greater than you get from any store in the world.

helen s