Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Hooters in Rohnert Park?

Hooters wants to open a restaurant in Rohnert Park. See the PD article here. What do you ladies and gentlemen think of that?
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Imagery

Re: Hooters in Rohnert Park?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    Hooters wants to open a restaurant in Rohnert Park. See the PD article here. What do you ladies and gentlemen think of that?
    Let them waste their money. When the reputation of the lousy service and their reliance on "sex appeal" get out, it won't last long enough to recoup their investment. Opinion based on my visit to their "flagship" in Las Vegas.

3. TopTop #3
    Dixon

I hate silicone myself (no offense to you folks who've needed breast reconstruction for medical reasons), but otherwise, I see no problem.

4. TopTop #4
    Ronaldo

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Imagery: View Post
    Let them waste their money. When the reputation of the lousy service and their reliance on "sex appeal" get out, it won't last long enough to recoup their investment. Opinion based on my visit to their "flagship" in Las Vegas.
    On my single visit to a Hooters in Philadelphia, I found the service excellent, the waitresses pretty, and the burgers quite tasty, although the fries were just ordinary.
    Of course that was more than 40 years ago and things can change.
    Since Hooters has somehow managed to stay in business all those years they must be fulfilling some need?

5. TopTop #5
    CarlaH20

Hooters Wings are bar-none the best I've ever had!

As far as the sexuality aspect....never bothered me. The women who get uptight about things like this, tend to be those that are uptight about their own sexuality. I don't care if my boyfriend gets a little hot and bothered by the eye candy while we grub some yummy food, because I get the benefit of it!!!

Hmmmmm, I could use some extra dough. Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to go apply for a job!

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

7. TopTop #6
    Dixon

I've just learned that when a fellow Waccobite says she's going to apply for work at Hooters, the phrase "View Profile" takes on new meaning.

8. Gratitude expressed by:

9. TopTop #7
    CarlaH20

Ask Barry if he thinks I could get the job?

10. TopTop #8
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

I don't know, Carla.... why don't you slip into this outfit first?

11. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

12. TopTop #9
    battindown

This is a real employment opportunity! How many positions are available for attractive young women based upon their being attractive young women? Guys can get jobs by being strong enough to do heavy labor. Some folks make a living using their brains. Basically, we each should be encouraged to utilize our given talents. If yours are in the order of eye candy, why not use them? Besides being pretty does not mean that one is lacking in mental powers. Don't forget Gloria Steinem was a Playboy Bunny.

Hay, Not all full firm breasts are artificial. Lots of them are perfectly natural. Men and women are attracted to breasts because we are mammals and breast feeding was the greatest sense of loving intimacy we ever experience. In spite of inroads of breaking breasts loose from shrouds in the late 1960's. Now they are more covered and formless to the eye than ever. What is with that! Why are today's girls and women wearing padded braziers again? Some will say it's to attract men, like high heals that make calves look firmer and force shoulders back for balance, while pushing breasts forward. I'm certainly not criticizing. I'm the target audience. But, what is up with this?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by CarlaH20: View Post
    Hooters Wings are bar-none the best I've ever had!

As far as the sexuality aspect....never bothered me. The women who get uptight about things like this, tend to be those that are uptight about their own sexuality. I don't care if my boyfriend gets a little hot and bothered by the eye candy while we grub some yummy food, because I get the benefit of it!!!

Hmmmmm, I could use some extra dough. Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to go apply for a job!

13. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

14. TopTop #10
    Dixon

As a man who happens to find flat-chested women to be the sexiest kind, it makes me a bit sad to see women (in the absence of medical necessity) staple a couple of artificial nose-cones onto their chests, trading in their lovely small ones for something that looks abnormally large and firm. But, different "strokes" for different folks; it takes all kinds.

15. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

16. TopTop #11
    Shandi

I'd rather see a Trader Joe's, but they're will always be a market for this....it's been proven that "Sex sells".

What will be interesting to see is the first post about "infidelity" by a jealous person whose partner
    begins to eat at HOOTER'S to get a close up "look", and keeps coming back for the great food!

17. TopTop #12
    theindependenteye

I rarely eat at restaurants, never at chains, so I don't quite get it. What can you see at Hooters that you can't see everywhere else? I see beautiful women every time I walk downtown, and I don't have to eat a hamburger while doing it.

Maybe it's that going to a place named "Hooters" affirms your status as One of the Guys. Corporations are into promoting this "bonding" thing, as long as there's bucks in it.

As for the original question: Just about anything that happened to Rohnert Park would be an improvement.

Cheers--
    Conrad

18. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

19. TopTop #13
    Imagery

Quote Posted in reply to the post by theindependenteye: View Post
    I rarely eat at restaurants, never at chains, so I don't quite get it. What can you see at Hooters that you can't see everywhere else? I see beautiful women every time I walk downtown, and I don't have to eat a hamburger while doing it.

Maybe it's that going to a place named "Hooters" affirms your status as One of the Guys. Corporations are into promoting this "bonding" thing, as long as there's bucks in it.

As for the original question: Just about anything that happened to Rohnert Park would be an improvement.

Cheers--
    Conrad
    I find it kind of funny how there are many who support THIS corporation and it's plan - as opposed to other corporations (Sprouts) and their plans. It demonstrates that the community should have a voice in deciding what's good for the community...
    ...we certainly don't have one of these in the county, so no one can complain it's going to run them out of business.

20. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

21. TopTop #14
    Dixon

Good observation, Imagery. I reckon it'd be preferable for some local entrepreneurs to offer a place where customers could slake their appetites for both food and titty-viewing, rather than a big chain. I guess Hooters is the WalMart of food-and-titties. But, since the demise of Everybody's Talking (which I don't think served much in the way of food anyway), no locals seem to be stepping up to the plate.

22. Gratitude expressed by:

23. TopTop #15
    Dixon

Quote Posted in reply to the post by theindependenteye: View Post
    What can you see at Hooters that you can't see everywhere else? I see beautiful women every time I walk downtown...
    With their titties out? Let me know where you're walking and I'll see you there!

Quote As for the original question: Just about anything that happened to Rohnert Park would be an improvement.
    Agreed!

24. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

25. TopTop #16
    Fillie

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    I'd rather see a Trader Joe's, but they're will always be a market for this....it's been proven that "Sex sells".

What will be interesting to see is the first post about "infidelity" by a jealous person whose partner
    begins to eat at HOOTER'S to get a close up "look", and keeps coming back for the great food!
    I wouldn't mind a "Hard-Ons" instead, male servers who show it off....COME ON! The continuation of our cultural norm, of treating men and women like sex objects supports a dissociation from presence and cherishing, attachment and caring. Objectification then demands more intense levels of stimulus in order to be turned on, which then causes more dissociation....it goes on, into addictive, shame-based disconnection from the other, a flatness and emptiness, loneliness, so one goes shopping for MORE. Love the one you're with! BE with the one you love. Boo for hooters, hoot for boors.

26. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

27. TopTop #17
    theindependenteye

>>>With their titties out? Let me know where you're walking and I'll see you there!

I tend to be more interested in the vehicle itself than in the hood ornaments.

--Conrad

28. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

29. TopTop #18
    Dixon

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Fillie: View Post
    I wouldn't mind a "Hard-Ons" instead, male servers who show it off....
    I'd certainly support such a place for those who want to ogle the beefcake, trouser snake and all (though hopefully the tallywhacker wouldn't be dragging in the soup; that could be a sanitation issue). I imagine the clientele would be mostly gay men, since, for good evolutionary reasons, women's sexuality isn't usually as focused on body parts as is men's.

Quote The continuation of our cultural norm, of treating men and women like sex objects supports a dissociation from presence and cherishing, attachment and caring. Objectification then demands more intense levels of stimulus in order to be turned on, which then causes more dissociation....it goes on, into addictive, shame-based disconnection from the other, a flatness and emptiness, loneliness, so one goes shopping for MORE. Love the one you're with! BE with the one you love. Boo for hooters, hoot for boors.
    I wondered how long it would be before someone started spouting this "sex object" stuff. If I attend a lecture to enjoy someone's intellect, am I reducing him/her to an intellect object? If I attend a concert, am I reducing the musician to a musical object? Appreciating some aspect where a person excels, be it intellect, musicality, or sexiness, does not necessarily constitute objectification. We can appreciate some specific part of someone, such as their mind, artistic talent, athleticism, or, yes, their sexy body, without any implication that they're any less a full human being than ourselves.

I get so tired of people giving feminism a bad name by spouting poorly-thought-out, doctrinaire generalizations about how sex work is necessarily any more exploitive than other jobs, or how people are supposedly objectifying others by enjoying their sexiness. Ironically, that attitude seems partly based on the patriarchal anti-woman, anti-sex, anti-body, shame-based paradigm, along with lack of understanding of, or empathy for, how men's natural sexuality differs from women's. If you don't like places like Hooters, fine, don't go there, but please try not to pathologize and shame others for the terrible crime of enjoying looking at beauty.

30. Gratitude expressed by 7 members:

31. TopTop #19
    Imagery

I wouldn't mind a "Hard-Ons" instead, male servers who show it off....COME ON! The continuation of our cultural norm, of treating men and women like sex objects supports a dissociation from presence and cherishing, attachment and caring. Objectification then demands more intense levels of stimulus in order to be turned on, which then causes more dissociation....it goes on, into addictive, shame-based disconnection from the other, a flatness and emptiness, loneliness, so one goes shopping for MORE. Love the one you're with! BE with the one you love. Boo for hooters, hoot for boors.
    I'd like to get your honest opinion on something:

*NOT WORK SAFE*
    https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showt...614#post136614
    *NOT WORK SAFE*

By the way, I was the main photographer who shot 98% of the images during the session, my wife and the model shot this while I was scouting another location at this regional park (in Humboldt County).

32. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

33. TopTop #20
    Dixon

I'd like to get your honest opinion on something:
    *NOT WORK SAFE*
    https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showthread.php?81147-Objectification-See-Hooters-thread-in-General-Forum-(NOT-work-safe)&p=136614#post136614
    *NOT WORK SAFE*
    By the way, I was the main photographer who shot 98% of the images during the session, my wife and the model shot this while I was scouting another location at this regional park (in Humboldt County).
    Beautiful! Nice job on the photography, too! Such beauty is one of the things that make life worth living.

The fact that such an image is "not work safe" speaks volumes about the degree to which our society is sexually perverted--in the direction of repressive prudishness.

34. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

35. TopTop #21

36. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

37. TopTop #22
    sd gross

I haven't really kept abreast of the situation. But I was once at a market near Port Angeles, Washington where they sold Spotted Owl Helper. Hooters' wings aren't owl wings, are they? I mean, there must be some reason they call themselves "Hooters".....

38. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

39. TopTop #23
    Dixon

Yo, Patrick, that video was brilliant--and relevant. If you like Tim Minchin, you should hear him perform his poem "Storm". I posted it (the great animated version) in the Poetry and Prose section, as it's not relevant to this here thread. It's at:
    https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showt...633#post136633

I highly recommend it to all.
    Last edited by Barry; 06-27-2011 at 03:10 PM.

40. Gratitude expressed by:

41. TopTop #24
    Shandi

I'm confused by your post.... You start by saying you wouldn't mind a "Hard-Ons", but then talk about our cultural norm of
    treating men and women like sex objects as dissociation. I guess you were being sarcastic?

Because we enjoy seeing the beauty of the human form, doesn't mean we love less or that we should feel ashamed.
    Shame comes from outside ourselves; it's not something we're born with. I'm glad that some people have enough
    sense to reject shame.

42. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

43. TopTop #25
    Iolchan

Imagery-man, vibration, just take a minute and breath deep =
    Breathe in, breathe out. There. another minute is yours again...
    - As for that past minute o' yours you think I stole,
    just kiss that one goodbye - it's gone...
    as my old friend Porgy said, "No use Complainin'..."

I hope this little tidbit o' common wisdom is some compensation.
    The Present is a Perpetual Gift = That's why it's called the Present...

=Marko=

44. Gratitude expressed by:

45. TopTop #26
    Shandi

I find it kind of funny how there are many who support THIS corporation and it's plan - as opposed to other corporations (Sprouts) and their plans. It demonstrates that the community should have a voice in deciding what's good for the community...
    ...we certainly don't have one of these in the county, so no one can complain it's going to run them out of business.
    I was just curious about the community "voice" which encompasses all sorts of opinions, just like this format. But how many people in the community would actually attend a meeting if Hooter's was being voted on? Even then it wouldn't really
    represent the "community voice" because the silent majority wouldn't take the time.

At least we know how some of our community feels about certain issues, because they speak up on Wacco!

To determine what's GOOD or BAD for the community would be subject to a variety of opinions based on each person's
    point of view which come from very biased positions on both sides. That's only from those who show up. It's great that
    a few in our community show up to share their biases, without shame.

46. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

47. TopTop #27
    Shandi

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Iolchan: View Post

Imagery-man, vibration, just take a minute and breath deep =
    Breathe in, breathe out. There. another minute is yours again...
    - As for that past minute o' yours you think I stole,
    just kiss that one goodbye - it's gone...
    as my old friend Porgy said, "No use Complainin'..."

I hope this little tidbit o' common wisdom is some compensation.
    The Present is a Perpetual Gift = That's why it's called the Present...

=Marko=

Now here's someone who considers HOOTER'S a PRESENT!!! I think he's on the right track, finally....

48. TopTop #28
    Fillie

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    I'm confused by your post.... You start by saying you wouldn't mind a "Hard-Ons", but then talk about our cultural norm of
    treating men and women like sex objects as dissociation. I guess you were being sarcastic?

Because we enjoy seeing the beauty of the human form, doesn't mean we love less or that we should feel ashamed.
    Shame comes from outside ourselves; it's not something we're born with. I'm glad that some people have enough
    sense to reject shame.
    Shandi, I was being sarcastic about the Hard-ons, it was meant to make the point that we don't usually have male forms of objectification and using their sexual organs to sell hamburgers. But I fear I have stepped in to a maelstorm of misunderstanding. What I am alluding to has nothing to do with shaming one's natural, instinctive sexual expression. I take issue with the corporate using of (mostly women's) bodies to sell products in a way that demeans sexuality and gender, shaming us representing parts of our bodies as objects. I feel our culture, as opposed to say indiginous or even European culture, is repressive and shame-based around sexuality. We overcompensate in our usual bragadoccio manner. Our alienation from our core natural sensuality and passion is a type of dissociation that fosters more objectification, more hidden shame-based expression of a twisted sexual expression, vis a vis pedophilia, sex addiction, rape etc. I see a real difference between Hooters' selling of the plastic, huge breast, topless imagery versus viewing one's lover's body as a turn-on, or gazing adoringly at taseful art, photography. Of course those distinctions, between what is art, erotic art or demeaning porn, is a very subjective distinction. I am well trained in healing binding shame and have done so for many years. I agree shame comes from outside, as does a sense of self, from what is reflected to us about ourselves. My interest is in communicating about attachment, presence, self-alliance and connection. I am sure we would have many views in common but the discussion would be lengthy. thanks for listening carefully.

49. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

50. TopTop #29
    Shandi

Shandi, I was being sarcastic about the Hard-ons, it was meant to make the point that we don't usually have male forms of objectification and using their sexual organs to sell hamburgers. But I fear I have stepped in to a maelstorm of misunderstanding. What I am alluding to has nothing to do with shaming one's natural, instinctive sexual expression. I take issue with the corporate using of (mostly women's) bodies to sell products in a way that demeans sexuality and gender, shaming us representing parts of our bodies as objects. I feel our culture, as opposed to say indiginous or even European culture, is repressive and shame-based around sexuality. We overcompensate in our usual bragadoccio manner. Our alienation from our core natural sensuality and passion is a type of dissociation that fosters more objectification, more hidden shame-based expression of a twisted sexual expression, vis a vis pedophilia, sex addiction, rape etc. I see a real difference between Hooters' selling of the plastic, huge breast, topless imagery versus viewing one's lover's body as a turn-on, or gazing adoringly at taseful art, photography. Of course those distinctions, between what is art, erotic art or demeaning porn, is a very subjective distinction. I am well trained in healing binding shame and have done so for many years. I agree shame comes from outside, as does a sense of self, from what is reflected to us about ourselves. My interest is in communicating about attachment, presence, self-alliance and connection. I am sure we would have many views in common but the discussion would be lengthy. thanks for listening carefully.
    I guess when money is the object of desire, anything that increases that possibility, will be used, legally or illegally. As for
    Hooter's "dress code" I think that's their right. And, I think it may be welcomed by more people than we realize. Not every one
    has a lover to oogle, or can afford the services of a prostitute.

I think we as humans desire variety. Even babies will always turn towards a "new" object, rather than continue to play with
    the old one. I think Hooter's may be a safe and affordable outlet for those desires.

I don't see how it will affect my life. And I know that it's going to bring a lot of joy to some. No woman is going to be forced to work at Hooter's, and as one woman pointed out, it's an employment opportunity. Of course anyone has the right to "take issue" with this corporation or any other, but what can you really do?

I think the best way to demonstrate our position with anything we don't agree with, is to withhold our money;
    If enough people do that, the profits will dwindle and they'll have to start somewhere else more hospitable.

I agree that our culture is different in many ways, from others. Sexuality being just one of them. But people will be "turned on" by different images, and it's getting more "different" all the time. The problem is that we can't control what turns people on. I've seen some ads from Europe, and they can be much like those in our country, but even more sexually revealing.
    It's hard to compare us with indigenous cultures; our lives are vastly different.

These, and other things are the "issues" in a free country.

I appreciate that you're working to heal shame; that's an important work.

51. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

52. TopTop #30
    zenekar

[QUOTE=Shandi;136681]...
    These, and other things are the "issues" in a free country. [/QUOTE
    ____

Yes, the US is a "free" country -- free to exploit anything and anyone for profit, ethics and morals be damned.

53. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: