Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Hobbs' property destruction goes unreported in SWT&N and SF Chronicle

Dear West County Community,

Would you please ask the Sonoma West Times and SF Chronicle why they have missed this important story on the desecration of social and environmental rights by Paul Hobbs' Winery on both Hwy. 116, and Pocket Cyn. properties; while their competitor, (the Press Democrat), has printed 3 stories on it? (Although the PD excluded the information on the Pocket Canyon work being halted do to a lack of all needed permits, proper mitigation)?

When I called the SWT&N Editor, to ask why he had not covered a story which had so many people upset; he had no adequate response, nor showed interest.

In trying to help his paper's readers get better informed, I mentioned the WaccoBB.net
    background thread:

https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showthread.php?79715-Some-Pictures-of-Hobbs-s-Takeover-of-the-Jenkel-Property

and source of photos from the initial incident, which could be easily made available. The response I got, as a regular purchaser of their paper, and sometimes direct ad buyer, and often advertising advisor to others; was typical of the disrespect he has shown me through my many years as an active community member.

Please keep David Abbott, Editor and Rollie Atkinson, Publisher, of the Sonoma West Times and News, informed on what news you think they should cover.

Readers deserve unbiased reporting on what's impacting our natural resources, and harm to our scenic way of life out here.

Thank you,

Colleen Fernald

----- Forwarded Message ----
    To: David Abbott
    Sent: Mon, June 6, 2011 9:46:21 AM
    Subject: Re: Fw: [SCWaterCoalition] Hobbs and Jenkel interwiews 6/1

Except that you missed it!

Omission of the truth of unjust destruction of our watershed - is the sign of a willfully negligent local press.

Very bad form David. I will definitely be reconsidering my advertising recommendations.

Colleen Fernald

To: Colleen Fernald
    Sent: Wed, June 1, 2011 4:33:15 PM
    Subject: Re: Fw: [SCWaterCoalition] Hobbs and Jenkel interwiews 6/1

Don't ever do that Colleen.
    If I need something I can get it myself.

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 4:11 PM, Colleen Fernald wrote:
    Thanks for these links John!

I asked David Abbott about covering this for the Sonoma West Times papers; would you sell/share your photos with them? Who else has taken some?

Best wishes,

Colleen

----- Forwarded Message ----
    To: AGVWC Board ; SCWC Group
    Sent: Wed, June 1, 2011 12:03:33 PM
    Subject: [SCWaterCoalition] Hobbs and Jenkel interwiews 6/1

NEWSTALK 1350 KSRO Interview with John Jenkel on Gravenstein Highway Property Clear Cutting; June 01,2011

NEWSTALK 1350 KSRO Interview with Paul Hobbs on Gravenstein Highway Property Clear Cutting; June 01, 2011
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by: