Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #331
    La.Sereniti

"Vision" name tags - what are those?

Colleen, Can you please clarify your request for these "Vision" name tags at the meeting tomorrow?

What does city council need from the citizens opposing this measure to be effective, clear and end this charade that mocks the core values of this town?

We know where the majority already are. I just wonder if enough know how close we are to deciding the fate for the core of this town.

When was the last time you heard someone here say I wish Walmart was here so we use our gas guzzling vehicles to transport our lazy, fat butts to the DRUGstore. Why did these 2 corporations get this far anyhow?? Walmart, CVS, Chase, what's the diff?

I cannot even imagine the wrath these companies will face if they keep pushing us.

It simply flies in the face of what makes this lovely town so special!!!

Sorry the heart on my sleeve is a little too honest and raw. I appreciate that you are here Colleen and I hope you have a great meeting tomorrow that results in the citizens looking at real solutions to our needs from local people.

It is one thing to recognize that something clearly sucks. How more obvious could that possibly be??!

However, it is another do something great that has real value to the future of this community... I hope this obnoxious proposal has got some locals motivated to do SOMETHING... ANYTHING other than this.

Where's Transition Sebastopol in all this?? Nothing on their website...?? Doesn't that seem ((STRANGE)) to anyone? Good question, I know. Worth another thread.

Please confirm "Vision" tags. Thanks!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Peace Voyager: View Post
    A lot of people think only a very vocal minority are being served by the Council and Planning Commission. I think it helps to show visually how many are on which side of this, or any significant issue.

Will someone be bringing the "Vision" name tags again so it's clear where the majority stands?
    Last edited by Barry; 08-07-2012 at 04:33 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #332
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: CVS/Chase development proposal

Quote Posted in reply to the post by La.Sereniti: View Post

So let's (((not))) get side tracked on this traffic topic. THE REAL ISSUE IS HAVING 2 MAJOR CORPORATE BLOOD SUCKERS AT THE HEART OF OUR TOWN..
    Well... yes and no...

The question in front of the council is whether the design should be approved. The council does not have a legal basis to deny the "blood suckers" based on their "blood suckiness".

4. Gratitude expressed by 7 members:

5. TopTop #333
    AllorrahBe

Thanks for the 'raucous rant!'

Yeah, their 'divide and conquer' tactics have gone on long enough, pitting so many neighbors against a few who can't see our point or don't want to!

Maybe we should all just go Occupy the current locations and have our 'search for a better plan' meetings in the parking lot!! (I'm getting radical in my old age!) We could also personally write and deliver letters to the branch(es) of CVS and Chase EVERY DAY, asking them to leave our town, until they get outta town!
    Thanks for caring enough to say it like it is!
    Peace to you, La.Sereniti!
    Rev. BE

Quote Posted in reply to the post by La.Sereniti: View Post
    I am pissed off and fed up with CVS/Chase wasting the time and energy of the citizens of this community....

6. TopTop #334
    AllorrahBe

Love the blood sucker image!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    Well... yes and no...

The question in front of the council is whether the design should be approved. The council does not have a legal basis to deny the "blood suckers" based on their "blood suckiness".

7. TopTop #335
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

I agree it's time for a new thread. The recent posts have been moved to a new thread called:

CVS/Chase - After the approval with conditions

For those of you who have been receiving instant email updates and wish to continue to do so, goto the new thread by clicking on the link above and then click Gratitude on at least one post in that thread. Thanks for hanging in there!

This thread is now closed and the discussion will continue on the new thread.