Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Heartfire

Need some advice regarding a low cost or free program similar to Constant Contact

Hello all you social media folks....I need a program similar to Constant Contact that is low cost or free and very, very easy to use. The emails will be intermittent at first so paying $15 a month is silly. Any advise or direction is welcome....
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    HowardBallinger

Re: Need some advice regarding a low cost or free program similar to Constant Contact

I've used Dada Mail for years ... it's free software, not for total dummies but if you have a server account for your business or group and can follow directions it should be no problem. Also he'll install it for a fee. The developer is also a young artist, hence the name. He has good ethical standards.

Here's the link: dadamailproject.com/

Here's an old review ...

Hope that helps -- Howard

3. TopTop #3
    jitterbug

Re: Need some advice regarding a low cost or free program similar to Constant Contact

I've been using Mailchimp and really like it.

~ Debbie

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Heartfire: View Post
    Hello all you social media folks....I need a program similar to Constant Contact that is low cost or free and very, very easy to use. The emails will be intermittent at first so paying $15 a month is silly. Any advise or direction is welcome....

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #4
    1104GT

Another vote for MailChimp. Very easy to use, imports your lists from lots of formats, good layout tools and decent templates. Chimp chatter is pretty funny sometimes too ... I like a business with a sense of humor

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #5
    moremetta

I've done a test run with MailChimp. You get quite a lot for FREE.

8. Gratitude expressed by:

9. TopTop #6
    Leelash

If you are using this for a non profit organization, Vertical Response is free and very good. They have lovely templates and the price is right. But it isn't free if you are a private entity.

10. TopTop #7
    typewriter

also a fan of mailchimp!

11. TopTop #8
    ryan

Have you taken a look at Mail Chimp? It's less expensive that Constant Contact and has comparable functionality.

Namaste, Kathryn Ariel

12. TopTop #9
    iaim2xl
    Supporting member

Well, if you aren't willing to pay $15 a month for Constant Contact, you probably don't want to pay $10 a month either, but in case you are willing to invest this nominal amount, I use iContact (https://www.icontact.com/?cobrand=83813).

Its capabilities are similar to the leading service, but at about 50% less, and I love the tools and user-friendly interface they offer.

You get great reports on the percentage of emails that are opened, how many click-throughs it generates, who unsubscribed (if you want to know...), etc. You can also launch web surveys, publish your emails to the web to increase search traffic, etc. For $10 a month, this is a LOT of value.

Good luck!
    Tim Smith
    New Paradigm Marketing

13. TopTop #10
    Ani Palmo

Mailchimp works great and is relatively easy to use, especially after a template is set-up.

14. Gratitude expressed by:

15. TopTop #11
    danejasper

Sonic.net offers Mailman mailing lists to customers, no charge. You can use them as discussion lists, or for broadcast mailings (as long as you are not spamming - people signed up.)

-Dane

16. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: