Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

one response to the articles saying bin Laden didn't get a "proper Muslim burial"

"This was NOT a proper burial. To do this correctly we should have put him in a tall building, then flown airplanes into it which would set the building ablaze, trapping him inside. Afterwards they should piss on his body, then take a dump on his face. After this they should attach his corpse to a helium balloon and let it go. When it reaches a height of 1000 feet, shoot the balloon so he falls on some jagged rocks. Kind of like those people did when they fell from the 89th floor. Then after this, have a monkey take a dump on him. Finally we should throw him into the ocean so the sharks might rip him to shreds, thus pleasing the "green" people. Except the sharks might spit him back out. I doubt even bacteria would want him. So if that fails, they should put him on a rocket and shoot him into deep space, never to return..."
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Star Man

Re: one response to the articles saying bin Laden didn't get a "proper Muslim burial"

Dear Sara,

I feel saddened when I read your suggestions about a burial for Osama bin Laden. I have some thoughts on the matter.

I wonder the extent to which animal instincts -- a feral desire for revenge -- are clouding your and other's thoughts about OBL. Some have described the murder as a necessary evil. What exactly made the evil of murder necessary? I call attention to the fact that if our special forces could kill bin Laden, they could have captured him. A few stun grenades or tear gas would have been sufficient. If captured alive, he could have been tried in the Hague at the International Court. The Nazi war criminals, who killed many more than bin Laden, were tried there, found guilty, and THEN executed.

So, we may ask, what was the reason for killing bin Laden rather than capturing him? What did bin Laden know that would have come out in his defense at the Hague? If the U.S. had no fears about what he might have disclosed, then he should have been captured and brought to trial.

People have wondered what the U.S. did to create a person like bin Laden. It's instructive to note that the CIA armed and financed bin Laden during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. bin Laden was on the CIA payroll during the Desert Storm war. The U.S. created bin Laden and used him for its hegemonic purposes over many years.

This raises the further question of just exactly how deep did the use of bin Laden reach? This line of inquiry also touches on the point I raise in the first paragraph, which is what motivated the U.S. to kill bin Laden rather than try him in the Hague. We sent Milosovic to the Hague and he killed many more than the 3,000 bin Laden is allegedly responsible for. What did bin Laden know about 9/11 that the U.S. did not want revealed in a trial in the Hague? One does not have to be a conspiracy theorist to question the official version of the events of 9/11. What if bin Laden were to reveal that the hijackers never intended to hit the Twin Towers? What if their goal was simply to hijack the planes, make a statement, and get transportation back to Saudi Arabia, where most of them came from? What if they were the cat's paws in a false flag operation to seize more control of the nation through the PATRIOT Act, the suspension of habeas corpus, and heightened surveillance? Outcomes often reveal intentions, and I note with interest that the events of 9/11 have strengthened the corporatocracy's control of the United States. The events of 9/11 have been used to justify the expansion of the military and its seizure of the largest fraction of the GNP. The monetary and power rewards for the military-industrial complex and the corporatocracy it has become would justify the risk of a false flag operation for many in power.

Thoughts like these become more difficult to think when our animal instincts cloud our cognitions, and that is precisely what the powerful count on.

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3
    Marty M

Re: one response to the articles saying bin Laden didn't get a "proper Muslim burial"

Hi Sara,
    It wasn't obvious to me at first, but now I see the quotation marks.
    It is embarrassing that Americans would say such terrible words.
    Marty

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sara S: View Post
    "This was NOT a proper burial. To do this correctly we should have put him in a tall building, then flown airplanes into it which would set the building ablaze, trapping him inside. Afterwards they should piss on his body, then take a dump on his face. After this they should attach his corpse to a helium balloon and let it go. When it reaches a height of 1000 feet, shoot the balloon so he falls on some jagged rocks. Kind of like those people did when they fell from the 89th floor. Then after this, have a monkey take a dump on him. Finally we should throw him into the ocean so the sharks might rip him to shreds, thus pleasing the "green" people. Except the sharks might spit him back out. I doubt even bacteria would want him. So if that fails, they should put him on a rocket and shoot him into deep space, never to return..."

6. TopTop #4
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Dear John:

First, those were not my thoughts about a burial for OBL; I should have made that clear, I guess, but the post was under "Censored" which is where we put jokes. This was a joke. I don't know the author. I can laugh at anything.

I really agree with you, and I just cringed to see people joyfully celebrating another human's death.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Star Man: View Post
    Dear Sara, I feel saddened when I read your suggestions about a burial for Osama bin Laden. I have some thoughts on the matter.....

7. TopTop #5
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Just a joke, Marty; a rather gory one, but, still, a joke.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Marty MacMillan: View Post
    Hi Sara,
    It wasn't obvious to me at first, but now I see the quotation marks.
    It is embarrassing that Americans would say such terrible words.
    Marty

8. TopTop #6
    2Bwacco

don't feel appropriate to express "gratitude" here, so i'm going with concurrence.

felt the Times Square/Wash. DC/etc. celebrations of B.L.'s death were inappropriate, even for the most-wanted murderer that he was.

do not know the exact number of those murdered/tortured/gassed by the Hitler/Nazi govt. over time, but that greatly surpasses B.L./AlQuaida's meager attempt to take out the United States of America.

we are still here, B.L. , so there! we are ready for your comrades!

the Pakistan govt. had to have known he was living there. perhaps they were being paid millions to "look the other way."

feel so sorry for the Afghans - such a beautiful magestic country but they can't enjoy their lives. Frontline had a good journalist's report on Afghanistan last night on PBS.