Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    OneTimeFlowerChild

Back road to Hwy.12

Hi Community,

I need some help finding a new route to Hwy 12 from Sebastopol to I-80. I know all the most usually travelled roads ~ but years ago a friend of mine drove us Hwy. 116 to Stony Point Drive. Anyone know the road or roads I take from there to end up on Hwy 12? This route eliminates all the driving through Santa Rosa and Sonoma. It saved a great deal of time & fuel, this road less travelled.

Anyone know the roads I am talking about. I am not so good a googling the route apparently. I keep finding Lake Berryessa.

Thanks in advance for any input ~
    Last edited by OneTimeFlowerChild; 04-06-2011 at 04:45 PM. Reason: wording
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    OneTimeFlowerChild

Re: Back road to Hwy.12

Quote Posted in reply to the post by OneTimeFlowerChild: View Post
    Hi Community,

I need some help finding a new route to Hwy 12 from Sebastopol to I-80. I know all the most usually travelled roads ~ but years ago a friend of mine drove us Hwy. 116 to Stony Point Drive. Anyone know the road or roads I take from there to end up on Hwy 12? This route eliminates all the driving through Santa Rosa and Sonoma. It saved a great deal of time & fuel, this road less travelled.

Anyone know the roads I am talking about. I am not so good a googling the route apparently. I keep finding Lake Berryessa.

Thanks in advance for any input ~
    Peter Margolies was kind enough to supply the following advice:

Hi,
    Not sure why the bulletin board is acting so strangely today but I don't seem able to get to the place where I can answer your question publically.
    In any case, the road you're looking for is Adobe Road, but that's not the quickest way to get to 80, now that 37 through Vallejo is completed. I've tried all different ways, having made dozens of trips up to the Sierras from West County. What works best is going down to Petaluma and picking up Lakeville Highway to 37, going across the causeway through Vallejo to 80.
    You're about 8 miles south of where you'd intersect 80 if you drove through Napa Valley, but the route through the valley is slow going in any case and often there's traffic, esp. on the weekend.
    If you want to post my response for any reason, feel free. I don't have the patience.
    Pete

Thank you, Pete!

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #3
    Imagery

I think the route already posted is among the quickest and most fuel efficient routes.

From Hwy 12 in downtown, I'd take Main Street South, which becomes Hwy 116 outside of the city limits.
    I would then take Hwy 101 South to Petaluma, exiting on Hwy 116 East (A.K.A. Lakeville Highway). Take Lakeville Highway to Highway 37 East. That leads directly to Highway 80 East.

5. Gratitude expressed by:

6. TopTop #4
    OneTimeFlowerChild

So many knd people have taken time to respond ... both to the original question and the 'best route' opinion.
    I am really grateful to you all; this is what makes the Wacco community indeed special.

I am now off to locate a map of the area ... would not have been as much fun perhaps but still, I should know these things.

7. TopTop #5
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by OneTimeFlowerChild: View Post
    to Hwy 12 from Sebastopol to I-80. .. Hwy. 116 to Stony Point Drive. Anyone know the road or roads I take from there to end up on Hwy 12? This route eliminates all the driving through Santa Rosa and Sonoma. It saved a great deal of time & fuel, this road less travelled.
    probably under the 101 at Railroad, then over to Adobe Road passing Sonoma on the south end....