Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    DynamicBalance

Food Can Help Reverse Autism Effects

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfmNhA_D3mQ

This family saw tremendous improvement in their young daughter Tula's autistic symptoms when they adopted the Body Ecology Diet. The Body Ecology Diet and the GAPS Diet (short for Gut and Psychology Syndrome) are ways of eating that recognize the profound interconnectedness between the integrity of the gut lining and psychological symptoms. Restoring the lining and repopulating the gut with beneficial bacteria is absolutely essential for those with autism. These diets use whole foods as found in nature, healthy fats and oils, and fermented foods to bring balance back to the intestines, while simultaneously eliminating foods that are difficult to digest like gluten-containing grains.

The problem of autism is important to me, because my brother was diagnosed with a form of autism. He was also diagnosed with celiac disease. By eliminating gluten entirely, increasing his consumption of healthy fats and oils, and including homemade bone broths and liberal quantities of cooked vegetables in his diet, he has managed to reduce his autistic symptoms dramatically.

Laurel Blair, NTP
    www.dynamicbalancenutrition.com
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Braggi

Re: Food Can Help Reverse Autism Effects

Quote Posted in reply to the post by DynamicBalance: View Post
    ... This family saw tremendous improvement in their young daughter Tula's autistic symptoms when they adopted the Body Ecology Diet. ... The problem of autism is important to me, because my brother was diagnosed with a form of autism. He was also diagnosed with celiac disease. By eliminating gluten entirely, increasing his consumption of healthy fats and oils, and including homemade bone broths and liberal quantities of cooked vegetables in his diet, he has managed to reduce his autistic symptoms dramatically ...
    That would be interesting. Of course, there are thousands more kids who were diagnosed "autistic" and had their symptoms improve dramatically who did not participate in unusual diets. One on one attention, adult contact and behavioral therapies along with stimulating environments (such as exposure to horses or dolphins) offer similar results. I will venture an educated guess that it's the attention that heals. Love nearly always does heal. Offer it in the way that works for you and your family, but be careful what you give credit to when you're offering anecdotes as tools to generate business for yourself. Science trumps anecdotes. Do some science and present your results. Your story is an anecdote, and we all know the plural is anecdotes, not data.

-Jeff
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by: