Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    tommy

Comments by Andrew Harvey, Spiritual Activist, in Santa Rosa 2/27/11

Andrew Harvey
    I attended a great talk by Andrew Harvey, on 2/27/11 at the Santa Rosa Unity Church. He's the author of "Spiritual Activism" & a Rumi mystic www.AndrewHarvey.net . Some of his comments I thought you might like, you may already be living these truths:

- Instead of asking "why me?" ask "why not me?".
    - The lover never grows bitter, always stayed open to the miracle.
    - Create oasis of Divine passion, Divine love. Give all of yourself to the Divine. To be mystic, drink the perfume that smells of nothing.
    - Give yourself to a path or purpose, to discover who you really are.
    - There is nothing here but God.
    - Direct light from the Divine into your heart.
    - We are here to express our radical Divine consciousness. Participate in the Divine. The Divine Lover lives in you! The Beloved dances within you.
    - In the way of Teresa of avilla, a Catholic saint from the 1500s, see yourself as "the hands of God, the eyes, the ears."
    - As suggested by Joseph Campbell: "Find your bliss where it intersects w the pain of the world. Follow your heartbreak, & you'll find your bliss."
    - Sit up on the edge of your bed at 3 am, and ask "Which, of all of the causes and conditions that threaten humanity, makes me want to die?" Find the 1 or 2 things that you're almost too afraid acknowledge, to do something about.
    - What really breaks your heart? Find that out, & start doing something about it locally.
    Last edited by Barry; 02-28-2011 at 12:12 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email