Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    sharingwisdom

How Toshiba works

I just bought a Toshiba L640 laptop last week. The base price was $579. The rep was very nice, and I had the color added on for an extra $20. The rep said that it would take up to 10 business days to put together, though I had nothing extra added except the color to the original package deal, and they would notify me when it would be shipped...expect it before the 14th.

So 3 days later, Staples sends me an email ad that all Toshibas are $50 off. That made me think that the Toshiba's site also had a sale so I looked and saw that it had the same computer that I bought for $30 less. I wrote the rep twice and left message asking for this new price last week, and there was no response until this morning when I called and got ahold of another rep. He placed me back with my original rep. This original rep said he was just talking to the manager about it (which I knew was not true). The below letter is what occurred as well as it being a letter to the manager at Toshiba. I told the rep that I would be letting others know about their customer policies because it's too corporate mentality to not share.
    -----
    In realizing that you are just one of the managers of a large corporation, this is not an email to blame you for the ludicrous policies of Toshiba. It is an email to let you know that suggesting for your rep to tell me that I need to cancel my order in order to get the $30 savings that is advertised on your website and not letting me know that the prices were dropping when I just ordered last Monday January 31st, has now caused your shipping department to "dump" a ready-to-go computer and rebuild a new one. For what? I didn't even see my credit card charged, so it would not have been a big deal to change the invoice. Instead you're changing the computer. How crazy is this?! Your company looses money, and I wait another week.

It's interesting that the credit person processed this new order immediately today, but that had not happened last week.

I'm in no hurry, but this kind of wasteful process reflects just how the big corporations and in fact, the government operates. This is not a consumer-based orientation. There needs to be a more consciousness process.

I will be posting this on several websites because I feel it's important that people know how the company you work for handles it customers. And again, I realize that you and your rep are wedged in this policy, not something you created.

Sincerely,
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    sharingwisdom

Re: How Toshiba works

Interesting note: I received my Toshiba in 3 days. Toshiba attempted to pull the same car salesman trick that happens to many women...Buy it at this price or you'll have to wait. So in saying I'll wait, my order was changed to a new order #, and the red laptop, which was not ditched or dissembled for parts as the rep told me, came from China in 3 days. Buyers... beware of Toshiba's lack of integrity!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sharingwisdom: View Post
    I just bought a Toshiba L640 laptop last week. The base price was $579. The rep was very nice, and I had the color added on for an extra $20. The rep said that it would take up to 10 business days to put together, though I had nothing extra added except the color to the original package deal, and they would notify me when it would be shipped...expect it before the 14th.

So 3 days later, Staples sends me an email ad that all Toshibas are $50 off. That made me think that the Toshiba's site also had a sale so I looked and saw that it had the same computer that I bought for $30 less. I wrote the rep twice and left message asking for this new price last week, and there was no response until this morning when I called and got ahold of another rep. He placed me back with my original rep. This original rep said he was just talking to the manager about it (which I knew was not true). The below letter is what occurred as well as it being a letter to the manager at Toshiba. I told the rep that I would be letting others know about their customer policies because it's too corporate mentality to not share.
    -----
    In realizing that you are just one of the managers of a large corporation, this is not an email to blame you for the ludicrous policies of Toshiba. It is an email to let you know that suggesting for your rep to tell me that I need to cancel my order in order to get the $30 savings that is advertised on your website and not letting me know that the prices were dropping when I just ordered last Monday January 31st, has now caused your shipping department to "dump" a ready-to-go computer and rebuild a new one. For what? I didn't even see my credit card charged, so it would not have been a big deal to change the invoice. Instead you're changing the computer. How crazy is this?! Your company looses money, and I wait another week.

It's interesting that the credit person processed this new order immediately today, but that had not happened last week.

I'm in no hurry, but this kind of wasteful process reflects just how the big corporations and in fact, the government operates. This is not a consumer-based orientation. There needs to be a more consciousness process.

I will be posting this on several websites because I feel it's important that people know how the company you work for handles it customers. And again, I realize that you and your rep are wedged in this policy, not something you created.

Sincerely,
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email