Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    influxpro

Zeitgeist "Moving Forward" Discussion

https://www.zeitgeistmovingforward.com/

Greetings!
    I've been touched and enlightened on many subjects by all the amazing and poignant documentaries out there. There are documentaries about food; Food Matters, The Future of Food, and Food inc. . About the political-industrial-financial-congressional complex: Why We Fight, IOUUSA, Countdown to Zero, Terrorstorm, Capitalism: A Love Story, etc...About Science, About our Environment and About Culture... Video is a powerful medium and the Internet has made it possible to bring it under the radar and financing of the Mass Media(corporate) which has utterly failed us with sensationalizing and profiteering our right to know. After all, democracy depends on an informed citizenry. Has the Internet begun to connect us after all?

One of the most compelling, all-encompassing documentaries I've ever seen is the new film in the Zeitgeist series called "Moving Forward". https://www.zeitgeistmovingforward.com/

Please watch this video -it's free and online....Take notes, it's full of important information. I'd like to start a discussion thread here.

There is also this wonderful response to a critic by the Director, Peter Jospehs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozy52bZ6JTw

I feel coherence with the statement that: the problems of today cannot be fixed by those who created them. I wonder if we are spinning our wheels and dumping our hard earned energy into a political-social-economic system that is inherently beyond being repaired?

It certainly does seem like much of the technology and objective science that we need to implement is being held back by institutionalized dogmatic structures.... and institutions that no longer serve us are being propped up by delusions and scarcity consciousness.

Yes, I am cautious of a "One-World" government especially if run by fundamentalists, by resource depleting Mechanization and by the homogenization of culture and language. However, I am also optimistic that if globally, all of our basic human needs we're met and money was no longer part of the bottom line we would all volunteer for the work that needed to be done and we would revere all life.

A Resource Economy... a truly conservative idea.

I am not fearful of true, objective science. There is little of it in the world. Most of it is done for profit and is highly subjective.

Our homes have been Foreclosed, Our Environment Polluted (Gulf Oil Spill etc...) our Banks bailed out or propped up and failing, our agriculture hijacked by GE crops(not objective science), Unemployment at depression levels, Endless War, Climate Crisis, The sickness industry, Pharmaceutical Marketing, Education Cut, infrastructure under-funded, etc... ad nauseum. It seems like few are implementing real solutions to these challenges... though I know there are many "elves and fairies" that are doing great things.

Even if we want to start the most sustainable, green business ever we would be operating on a system that is fundamentally unsustainable and thus most of our business are as well.

We can continue to build upon things that work and that will work no matter what the economic system and help the transition. I think WaccoBB.net is a great example of a community orientated structure that is so essential no matter what the system. I am grateful for so many things we are learning... I am praying that we can work through the resistance to implementing these gifts before it's too late. I'm starting on me and it's radiating out... "being the change" by getting in right relationship with all of my intentions and actions.

Thanks for reading... pass it on, and let us know what you think of the movie.
    Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Expand  
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2

Re: Zeitgeist "Moving Forward" Discussion

I just have two questions.... What if I or someone else doesn't want to live in a Venus Project society? my other question is who controls the super-computer that controls everything? Otherwise I love the analysis of Peter Joseph and I love his first two films... Have yet to see Moving Forward. But these are some big problems.... Also, P.J. really looks up to Krishnamurti, but Krishnamurti would never think that starting a movement of any type is a good idea. Just something to note.

4. TopTop #3
    influxpro

Thanks for your great questions. Please watch the film!

A. Define "Venus Project Society". I think the proposition is a "Resource Based Economy" and objective society that's never been tried before. The Venus Project could be one of many types of cities we try and you could always go live on a farm or in a small hamlet in the Sierras for example. Our Mega-Metropolises are currently unsustainable.

B. Who Controls the Internet? Hopefully there will be multiple teams in various country's keeping an eye out for mistakes and mischief. It would hopefully be very transparent. You could take a turn.

C. You may not want to speak for J. Krishnamurti who, when faced with the peril we face today might naturally align with a consciousness movement that is already happening and not being televised. Your right on about him "not thinking" he'd most likely just be it.

5. TopTop #4

Quote Posted in reply to the post by influxpro: View Post
    Thanks for your great questions. Please watch the film!

A. Define "Venus Project Society". I think the proposition is a "Resource Based Economy" and objective society that's never been tried before. The Venus Project could be one of many types of cities we try and you could always go live on a farm or in a small hamlet in the Sierras for example. Our Mega-Metropolises are currently unsustainable.

B. Who Controls the Internet? Hopefully there will be multiple teams in various country's keeping an eye out for mistakes and mischief. It would hopefully be very transparent. You could take a turn.

C. You may not want to speak for J. Krishnamurti who, when faced with the peril we face today might naturally align with a consciousness movement that is already happening and not being televised. Your right on about him "not thinking" he'd most likely just be it.
    Thanks for your response. Just wanted to clear up the idea that spoke for JK... I was just relaying a concept of his that he has spoken on previously... I'm not putting words in his mouth. He felt as though any time someone were to start a movement, ideas and integrity fall to bias immediately... Which I agree with.