Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    helenscott08

Wanted, Diet Canine Dog Food

Hi, I really hate to ask for a donation but I am FOSTERING A VERY SWEET older HUSKY MIX. She came to me very overweight and I had to keep her VERY QUIET with no walking or playing for the next 8 weeks because of heart worm treatment.

During that time of course I could not even feed her the normal amount you give an active dog. The food she has is probably good but it did not fill her up and she is always trying to grab something off the counter, trash or cat food/litter.

I believe that she needs to have a regular DIET FOOD that would fill her up without leaving her so hungry.

However, the party I am fostering her for, indicated they did not have any diet food and could not afford to buy her any. As I am living on a very minimum social security, I cannot afford to buy the food myself, or I definitely would.

SO, WHAT I Need is someone who will donate the food to a rescue organization who are certified as a non-profit. That way you could get your tax credit for it, and they can turn the food over to me.

I am familiar with the NORTH BAY CANINE RESCUE & PLACEMENT ORGANIZATION, located here in Sonoma County. Perhaps someone can donate to them.

Maybe you have some other ideas of how I might get some donated diet food for this very large HUSKY MIX.

Thanks in advance,

helen scott
    707-228-6811

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    helenscott08

Re: Wanted, Diet Canine Dog Food

I am HAPPY TO Say THANKS TO CONNIE for her generous donation of diet dog food. My foster dog will do very well on the generous supply of dog food. We intend to share it with others who may need diet food for their overweight canine.

helen sthumbsup:

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sassydog:
    Hi, I really hate to ask for a donation but I am FOSTERING A VERY SWEET older HUSKY MIX. She came to me very overweight and I had to keep her VERY QUIET with no walking or playing for the next 8 weeks because of heart worm treatment.

During that time of course I could not even feed her the normal amount you give an active dog. The food she has is probably good but it did not fill her up and she is always trying to grab something off the counter, trash or cat food/litter.

I believe that she needs to have a regular DIET FOOD that would fill her up without leaving her so hungry.

However, the party I am fostering her for, indicated they did not have any diet food and could not afford to buy her any. As I am living on a very minimum social security, I cannot afford to buy the food myself, or I definitely would.

SO, WHAT I Need is someone who will donate the food to a rescue organization who are certified as a non-profit. That way you could get your tax credit for it, and they can turn the food over to me.

I am familiar with the NORTH BAY CANINE RESCUE & PLACEMENT ORGANIZATION, located here in Sonoma County. Perhaps someone can donate to them.

Maybe you have some other ideas of how I might get some donated diet food for this very large HUSKY MIX.

Thanks in advance,

helen scott
    707-228-6811

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email