Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    cat

Dutra Asphalt - Email to Efren Carrillo, busting him

Supervisor Carrillo,

Any doubt that you are totally on board with the Dutra Asphalt Plant, and more importantly, with the special interests of the Dutra family and friends has now been removed with your having been seen last night, knee to knee, sharing a laugh with Amy Dutra, at the David Rabbit campaign party. The secret is out. It is reprehensible. Shame on you!

You are just one more phony politician, driven by selfish, egotistical and greedy aspirations. You are a hindrance to the democratic process.

Again, I will be happy to work very hard to oppose you for any office you seek.

Sincerely,
    Kitty Doyle
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    elienos

Re: Dutra Asphalt - Email to Efren Carrillo, busting him

oh, I guess the secret is already out...

4. TopTop #3
    Joan Cooper

Sup. Efren Carrillo, a young Latino elected to represent all the people,
    instead buddies up to Aime Dutra. Is there any hope?
    Joan

5. TopTop #4
    boB Phelps

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Joan Cooper: View Post
    Sup. Efren Carrillo, a young Latino elected to represent all the people,
    instead buddies up to Aime Dutra. Is there any hope?
    Joan
    I've begun receiving rebuttals from an appointed member of Efran's staff, attempting to justify his pro-development decisions. The single most consistent fact is that none of his pro-development decisions carried the majority support of his constituents, indicating a propensity to vote with the developers. Efren shows all the characteristics of something other than a member of the party that voted him in. We can't make this mistake again. Efren's decision to abandon the support and wishes of the people that voted him in is an embarrassment that we'll have to live with, until we have the opportunity to vote him out.

6. TopTop #5
    rekarp

So Efren has a conversation with Aime Dutra in a public place - does that mean he's not allowed to talk to anyone that disagrees with your positions? Supervisors make decisions on all sorts of controversial issues. The public is often split down the middle, and half will hate him for his vote while the other half will be happy.

Personally, I am opposed to Efren's vote on Dutra, but I do appreciate many of his qualities. He is accessible to the public, he is smart and works hard to educate himself about the issues that the county is facing, and he is an important representative of a minority community. I think he is also an important progressive voice on the Board of Supervisors despite some of his votes in favor of development interests.

Like everywhere else in the country, Sonoma County is facing huge funding cuts to government services. We can't even pave our roads, much less fund critical social services. Efren came into office hoping to improve our county services. Now, he and the rest of the Board are operating in survival mode, watching funding decline and disappear.

I encourage all progressive-minded people to have dialogue with Efren, rather than just hurl vicious criticism at him every time he votes differently from how you would have. We need to build common ground in our community. Polarization will just make things worse for everyone.

Ron

7. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

8. TopTop #6
    elienos

Quote Posted in reply to the post by rekarp: View Post

I encourage all progressive-minded people to have dialogue with Efren, rather than just hurl vicious criticism at him every time he votes differently from how you would have. We need to build common ground in our community. Polarization will just make things worse for everyone.

Ron
    How does one have a dialog with Efren? Will he answer the phone? Shall i knock on his door? I have written three times, not a bit of sarcasm or cynicism until the third email. Never a response. Rabbitt is developer and oil backed, and he went to his party chatting it up with Dutra. Not a coincidental run-in during a stroll down the street. One thing here and another there, it's nothing big, but add it all together and you can see it like it is or...be gullible. Or be in denial. Most people like to wear rose colored glasses.

Of course you talk to people that have differing opinions than you do. I do it all the time. Don't YOU? My dad is all into the Tea Party for crying out loud and we still hang out.

btw all, don't be fooled, just because Dutra might use the river for some barging and it is possible (but not likely) that some day in the future Dutra will use rail for its production, this plant will be primarily using trucks. It is right in the EIR. In fact, maybe they will produce so much asphalt that the rest of the asphalt plants that are running largely under capacity will shut down and Santa Rosa will shut down their plant and start trucking from Petaluma. Then of course Sebastopol might not have enough asphalt and we can build an asphalt plant at the Laguna de Santa Rosa for you folks, are there any elementary schools in that area we can build by? I am so appaled these huge polluters (cited many times for illegal dumping and breaking other environmental laws) are trying to say they want to reduce greenhouse gases by building an asphalt plant ever 15 miles. Stop buying industrialized food and reduce them by 40%.

9. Gratitude expressed by: