Marine Biologist W J Nichols reporting from the Gulf (better video than the last).

J is a kind and humble soul as well as being a dedicated ocean conservationist, sea turtle researchist, and loving father. He's doing an enormous amount of good for ocean protection. He's really a good guy and is funding his work in the Gulf out of his own pocket.

Please contribute to his work in the Gulf if you can! Any amount, no matter how small will help. He says, "I'm getting my own mini solar-copter w/ a turtle scoop on the bottom so I can fly around the Gulf & move sea turtles to clean ocean, away from bp's oil and "controlled burns".

Donations can be made at: https://oceanfdn.org/index.php?ht=d%...iontype%2F1791

Below is a link to a video with better footage than the last one I posted.

We must not let ourselves go numb to this crisis. Too much is at stake!

CNN iReport Blog

Flying over the Gulf of Mexico in a small plane, Wallace J. Nichols scanned the oil-laden water for signs of sea turtles. Not seeing any and realizing the massive impact of the oil disaster made this his “worst day as a marine biologist.”

“Seeing that much ocean destroyed by a single catastrophic accident for anybody is a shock, but for somebody who spends his life trying to fix what's broken in the ocean, it's a devastating experience,” he said.