Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

New Weekly Sweat Your Prayers in San Geronimo - Starts Thursday July 8th!

I am delighted to pass along the following announcement of a new weekly Sweat Your Prayers in the beautiful San Geronimo Valley Community Center Gym!

WaccoBB.net grew out of a regular Sweat Your Prayers up in Sebastopol over 10 years ago. We have a tradition of circling up and sharing personal experiences and practical information in the warm community space after the dance. Eventually the practical information moved online (as well as some personal sharing) and that's how Wacco (it's original name) began. Many of the same people are still dancing together in Sebastopol and it has served as the nucleus of a very large warm community of dancers and that radiates out further through WaccoBB.net

I plan to move down to Lagunitas in the fall and I look forward to building more community for myself and to help grow the WaccoBB.net community down here in Marin so it can be the amazingly powerful and trusted resource for community that it is for Sonoma County (where it has 10,000 members!)

Dancing together is the best way for fermenting community that I know of! (Eating together is good, too, of course!)

For those of you who are not familiar with Sweat Your Prayers, here's a brief introduction from the Moving Center School's website:
    What is the 5Rhythms®?

The 5Rhythms is a simple, powerful moving meditation that anyone – of any age, size, or physical ability - can practice. There are no steps to follow, no choreography to learn, no way to do it wrong. The only requirement is a body that is still breathing, a heart that is still beating, and mind that is still curious!

Just like light, sound or ocean waves, a dancing body when moving freely passes through five distinct rhythmic patterns. These patterns continuously repeat themselves in a wave of motion.

The 5Rhythms are:
    • FLOWING – the fluid, continuous, grounded glide of our own movements
    • STACCATO – the percussive, pulsing beat that shapes us a thousand different ways
    • CHAOS – the rhythm of letting go, releasing into the catalytic wildness of our dance that can never be planned or repeated
    • LYRICAL – the rhythm of trance, where the weight of self-consciousness dissolves, where we lighten up and disappear into our own uniqueness
    • STILLNESS – the quiet emptiness, where gentle movements rise and fall, start and end, in a field of silence
    More information can be found here.

I highly recommend this practice for anybody who can stand on their feet! Great Music and Ecstatic Dance... It's my kind of meditation!

This is a particularly sweet arrangement since the space is beautiful and we will be guided by two exceptionally gifted (and also beautiful!) teachers: Davida Taurek and Jennifer Burner.

I hope you'll come join us!
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator
    www.WaccoBB.net

MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND PASS THE WORD ALONG!!

THE ONGOING WEEKLY SWEAT YOUR PRAYERS
    5RHYTHMS DANCE MEDITATION

WILL BEGIN THIS WEEK!
    THURSDAY JULY 8, FROM 6:00 TO 8:00 PM
    AT THE NEW
    SAN GERONIMO VALLEY COMMUNITY CENTER GYM

AGES 13+ ARE WELCOME
    NO DANCE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED

COST $15

CHILDCARE WILL BE PROVIDED BY SGVCC IN THE TEEN LOFT
    ($10 PER CHILD)

DAVIDA TAUREK OF THE 5RHYTHMS® MOVING CENTER AND
    5RHYTHMS® SPINNER JENNIFER BURNER WILL SHARE
    THE SPINNING HONORS

BE A PART OF THIS WEEKLY COMMUNITY EVENT AND

PLEASE PASS THE WORD ALONG TO EVERYONE!

SEE YOU THERE!

FOR MORE INFO CALL 488-1279
    Last edited by Barry; 07-09-2010 at 12:23 PM.

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: New Weekly Sweat Your Prayers in San Geronimo - Starts Thursday July 8th!

Wow! What an amazing turnout for the first Sweat - over 60 people! Everybody was dancin' and smilin'!

Thanks to Sandra Fitting for making this happen and for holding it as a community Sweat, including a place for flyers and community announcements.

3. TopTop #3
    suziegruber

Suzie will be DJ'ing In San Geronimo - 10/14

I just want to let everyone know that I will hosting this week's Sweat Your Prayers in San Geronimo. I hope to see you there!

In gratitude,
    Suzie Gruber

4. Gratitude expressed by: