~ Sugar free & Gluten free Artisan Desserts!

We all like to indulge, and now we can do it without guilt or worry! Sweet Vitality is coming to Sebastopol, so get ready to enjoy delicious treats made with natural, low glycemic sweeteners and high quality gluten-free grains. Some of these creations are baked and some are raw living foods. Some are vegan and others can be special ordered to be made vegan.

Desserts to be offered beginning in July at Viva Mexicana Restaurant on Hwy 116 in South Sebastopol
will include:

Chocolate dipped coconut truffles
Carob-almond fruit chews
Lemon-poppyseed cake
Chocolate beet cupcakes
Raw lemon cheesecake
Jam thumbprint cookies
Hazelnut biscotti

Other desserts to be rotated in will include, lemon-ginger bars, brownies, buckwheat chocolate chip cookies, carrot cake, carob-orange cookies, and other raw or baked biscotti choices.

I enthusiastically make this announcement for my dear friend and creator of Sweet Vitality - Joanie Miller, author of 3 books of delicious healthy cuisine and a person whom I consider to be one of the food geniuses of our time!

After five years using her creative recipes and recently having the good fortune to sample and order her divine healthy sweet treats, I can tell you from experience how special they are! Others who have had the opportunity to sample her creations have asked for them, too, so now they will be available in Sonoma County. All of these desserts and many more reflect the hours of work and experimentation that went into Joanie's soon to be released book, A Sweet Life without Sugar. Copies of it will also be sold at Viva Mexicana and Copperfield's for those who prefer to make their own.

Many health imbalances can be relieved by simply switching to gluten-free grains. Joanie mixes her own flour blend for nutrition, flavor and texture.

Sweet Vitality products are made with the finest ingredients (organic whenever possible) using the following sweeteners:

Stevia: Used as a sweetening herb for hundreds of years, Stevia has no calories or carbs, will not affect blood sugar and has no known 'side effects'.

Yacon: from a root vegetable, Yacon feeds friendly bacteria in the colon boosting immune system and aiding digestion.

Erythritol: Found naturally in grapes, & other fruits. Unlike xylitol or sorbitol, it does will not cause gas or bloating in most people. Low in calories and carbs, it does not raise insulin or affect blood sugar.

So! To revitalize your Sweet Life come on down to Viva Mexicana in July to sample Joanie’s creations. Until then, if you have questions (or special orders) for Joanie, she may be contacted at: (707) 646-9199.