Elwood has been my pal for 3 years now. He's beautiful but needs more room and time then I can offer currently. He is great with other dogs and children- he is truly a gentle beast. He has a relaxed, happy personality and loves to be with people. He tends to get a bit lonely when left alone. He is not a yappy dog and only barks when something unusual occurs.

As for his requirements, he needs a secure place or a place with lots of room to roam. He's large and needs a lot of exercise. He is ideal for someone who is outdoorsy and wants companionship.

I want Elwood to be very loved and very well taken care of. This is absolutely heartbreaking for me. Ideally, I would love to be able to come and visit him and maybe even steel him away for a hike once in a while. However, I am a grad student and life is not settling down anytime soon. I have come to the conclusion that the responsible thing to do is to find El a home that is grounded and suits him well.

I am happy to provide a couple bags of food to get you started and will spend any time required to help the transition go smoothly.