Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    White Wolf

KRSH owned by Sinclair/BP

Just thought I'd give a heads up on this one. Your favorite, local, commercial, "Boomer" radio station, The Krush, is owned by the Sinclair family - "Sinclair Oil" which is BP. Remember the green dinosaur gas station signs of the 60's? Hot 97, Bob and a commercial Spanish station are also owned by the Sinclairs out of Pennsylvania. They bought up a number of private stations a decade or so ago... in various parts of the country.

Are we ready to know who owns whom? Let's bring ourselves out of the "Sonoma Coma". With conglomerates like Monsanto and Chevron sponsoring the PBS (Petroleum Broadcasting) News Hour - who do you think is really calling the shots in your own back yard?

Testing, testing 1,2... can you hear me now? Someone prove me wrong.

White Wolf
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    "Mad" Miles

Re: KRSH owned by Sinclair/BP

White Wolf,

Thanks for the info, good to know.

I have no interest in "proving you wrong", as I'm sure your information is correct.

But I do wonder, so what? What would you have us do with it?

KRSH is, by far, the best commercial radio station I've ever listened to. And I've listened to them in: LA, Orange County, CA, Huntsville, AL, Chicago, Paris, London, New York, Taipei.

I hate commercials, I mute them or switch stations. (Sorry, Dave Daher!)

I'd like KRSH to play more punk, ska, art rock / new wave, mod, rockabilly, world (African, Latin, Asian, Indian, etc.) but they do an amazing job as it is.

I don't like heavy rotation, but they're a commercial station, so I've grown to expect that.

There's no non-profit college station in Sonoma County, at least none with a signal. I like listening to the college DJ contest for most irritating host playing the most obscure music.

KOWS is a good contribution to our airwaves, but it has signal problems and seems to be immersed in a 60's nostalgia rut.

I learned as an anti-apartheid divestment activist, that all big money is connected to all other big money. And anyone with an IRA or Mutual Fund is invested in the same pool of international capital.

I'm all for stockholder resolutions to guide corporations to not, "do evil". I'm all for campaigns targetting the most egregious actions of corporations. I also support the economic boycotts of Burma, Iran and Israel.

So, aside from socially responsible investment, which I strongly support. If I had any money that would be my strategy. I'm not sure what you're asking us to do here?
    Last edited by "Mad" Miles; 06-12-2010 at 06:27 PM.

3. TopTop #3
    Roland Jacopetti

Hey! How come nobody ever mentions ME! (whine!) KRUSH, KRUSH, KRUSH...what about KRCB, huh? I try and try and try (snivel!) to bring all of you something completely different, and this is the thanks I get. People talking about music I've never even HEARD of, never mind understanding it. You know those polls? Where you vote on your favorite Tasmanian restaurant and your favorite place to recycle AAA batteries AND...AND!!...your favorite radio person! And does anyone ever vote for me? Well...I don't really know for sure...but I doubt it! And I'm really old, too (sniff, sob). There just ain't no justice! Well...I feel lots better now. I'm going to vote for Wacco as my favorite place to VENT. Now, whatever you do, don't boycott me - I'm way too fragile to handle that.
    Peace & Love,
    Roland

4. TopTop #4
    markwjam

so, when/where is your show?
    would help if i knew about it...
    our reception at home ain't great, so mostly i listen to radio in the car.
    clue me in...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Roland: View Post
    Hey! How come nobody ever mentions ME! (whine!) KRUSH, KRUSH, KRUSH...what about KRCB, huh? I try and try and try (snivel!) to bring all of you something completely different, and this is the thanks I get. People talking about music I've never even HEARD of, never mind understanding it. You know those polls? Where you vote on your favorite Tasmanian restaurant and your favorite place to recycle AAA batteries AND...AND!!...your favorite radio person! And does anyone ever vote for me? Well...I don't really know for sure...but I doubt it! And I'm really old, too (sniff, sob). There just ain't no justice! Well...I feel lots better now. I'm going to vote for Wacco as my favorite place to VENT. Now, whatever you do, don't boycott me - I'm way too fragile to handle that.
    Peace & Love,
    Roland