Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Why I Ride
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    CowGal

Why I Ride

My noble steed paws restlessly at the ground and threatens to rear lest I relax the reins
    I urge him forward and he carries me over the bramble with little regard for rocks and ruts
    I tense and hold the reins tighter, gripping his flanks with my calves, urging him faster still
    Over the field and under the branches we fly and I feel nothing but air underneath us
    A stone wall suddenly comes into view and my heart races, will he make it over the yard-high obstacle? I brace myself for a fall.
    Over the wall, easily and effortlessly he carries us both
    As we reach our destination he slows to a trot and saunters in to the camp, and we’re home.
    “A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.”
    Winston Churchill
    Last edited by CowGal; 06-05-2010 at 02:23 AM. Reason: html
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Icssoma

Re: Why I Ride

my favorite churchill quote re:equines "an hour with a horse is never wasted" (spot on winston!).

Quote Posted in reply to the post by CowGal: View Post
    My noble steed paws restlessly at the ground and threatens to rear lest I relax the reins
    I urge him forward and he carries me over the bramble with little regard for rocks and ruts
    I tense and hold the reins tighter, gripping his flanks with my calves, urging him faster still
    Over the field and under the branches we fly and I feel nothing but air underneath us
    A stone wall suddenly comes into view and my heart races, will he make it over the yard-high obstacle? I brace myself for a fall.
    Over the wall, easily and effortlessly he carries us both
    As we reach our destination he slows to a trot and saunters in to the camp, and we’re home.
    “A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.”
    Winston Churchill
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email