Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    zenekar

What is Prop 15?

What is Prop 15?

Prop 15 changes the way we finance election campaigns so politicians stay focused on the job we elect them to accomplish.

· A pilot project to publicly finance Secretary of State candidates in 2014 and 2018.

· Removes the ban on public financing of campaigns in California so all cities, counties, and offices can explore it.

Endorsers:

· League of Women Voters of CA
    · CA Nurses Association
    · CA Common Cause
    · CA Clean Money Campaign
    · AARP
    · CA Coalition for Civil Rights
    · CA Labor Federation
    · Consumer Federation of CA
    · Sierra Club

About the California Fair Elections Act - YesOnProp15.org

I have lived in California for many years. I remember when California had the best schools in the country, excellent healthcare, strict environmental standards, a modern transportation system, high-paying jobs, low rates of poverty, and strongly supported the arts and music. We led the nation in almost every way.

Sadly, the quality of life in California has been declining in all of these ways and more. From being a state that used to dream big and inspire the world, California now struggles to keep up and seems to fall farther behind each year. At election time, we work hard to send the best and the brightest candidates to Sacramento, and they promise to put California back on track. But no one gets the job done. Why?

Because there is too much money in politics. Politicians worry more about pleasing special interest groups and campaign donors than about working to do what is necessary to restore the California dream.

You and I can stop this right now by passing Proposition 15 on the June 8th ballot.

Proposition 15, the California Fair Elections Act, is a major step forward in getting big money out of politics by creating the first program of its kind in California that allows qualified candidates to run for office without having to raise money from special interest groups and donors. What a concept!

It begins by creating a pilot program of limited public financing for Secretary of State candidates in the 2014 and 2018 elections.

To qualify, candidates must:

Prove they have substantial support by getting signatures and $5 contributions from 7,500 registered voters;
    Agree not to raise or spend money from special interest groups and donors;
    Agree to spending limits and reporting requirements that are strictly enforced. (Violators face fines, possible jail time, and being prohibited from running for office in the future.)

2. TopTop #2
    zenekar

Re: What is Prop 15?

My previous post about Prop 15 is from an email I received from the Yes on Prop 15 campaign, written by Barbra Steisand ( "Barbra Streisand, Yes on 15" ).

Attila

Quote Posted in reply to the post by zenekar: View Post
    What is Prop 15?

Prop 15 changes the way we finance election campaigns so politicians stay focused on the job we elect them to accomplish.

· A pilot project to publicly finance Secretary of State candidates in 2014 and 2018.

· Removes the ban on public financing of campaigns in California so all cities, counties, and offices can explore it.

Endorsers:

· League of Women Voters of CA
    · CA Nurses Association
    · CA Common Cause
    · CA Clean Money Campaign
    · AARP
    · CA Coalition for Civil Rights
    · CA Labor Federation
    · Consumer Federation of CA
    · Sierra Club

About the California Fair Elections Act - YesOnProp15.org

I have lived in California for many years. I remember when California had the best schools in the country, excellent healthcare, strict environmental standards, a modern transportation system, high-paying jobs, low rates of poverty, and strongly supported the arts and music. We led the nation in almost every way.

Sadly, the quality of life in California has been declining in all of these ways and more. From being a state that used to dream big and inspire the world, California now struggles to keep up and seems to fall farther behind each year. At election time, we work hard to send the best and the brightest candidates to Sacramento, and they promise to put California back on track. But no one gets the job done. Why?

Because there is too much money in politics. Politicians worry more about pleasing special interest groups and campaign donors than about working to do what is necessary to restore the California dream.

You and I can stop this right now by passing Proposition 15 on the June 8th ballot.

Proposition 15, the California Fair Elections Act, is a major step forward in getting big money out of politics by creating the first program of its kind in California that allows qualified candidates to run for office without having to raise money from special interest groups and donors. What a concept!

It begins by creating a pilot program of limited public financing for Secretary of State candidates in the 2014 and 2018 elections.

To qualify, candidates must:

Prove they have substantial support by getting signatures and $5 contributions from 7,500 registered voters;
    Agree not to raise or spend money from special interest groups and donors;
    Agree to spending limits and reporting requirements that are strictly enforced. (Violators face fines, possible jail time, and being prohibited from running for office in the future.)

3. TopTop #3
    Hotspring 44

Re: What is Prop 15?

Proposition 15 | Voter Information Guide June 8, 2010 | California Secretary of State

Quote Posted in reply to the post by zenekar: View Post
    My previous post about Prop 15 is from an email I received from the Yes on Prop 15 campaign, written by Barbra Steisand ( "Barbra Streisand, Yes on 15" ).

Attila
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email