Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    sebastopolian

heat pump vs gas furnace??

Who cares to weigh in on the pros and cons of a heat pump vs a gas furnace in the Sebastopol climate? I have a 1,000 square foot home which is well insulated. I am replacing 2 gas wall furnaces. Personal experience welcome as well as professional advice. Thanks!!!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    MichaelK

Re: heat pump vs gas furnace??

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sebastopolian: View Post
    Who cares to weigh in on the pros and cons of a heat pump vs a gas furnace in the Sebastopol climate? I have a 1,000 square foot home which is well insulated. I am replacing 2 gas wall furnaces. Personal experience welcome as well as professional advice. Thanks!!!
    Why are you replacing your wall furnaces? You have raised a lot of questions. What do you mean by well insulated? What are your winter gas and electric bills? Would you like to add air conditioning? How much money do you want to spend? How comfortable would you like to be?

Heat pumps work well in our climate, if your winter electric usage is already low it may be that a heat pump would be less expensive to operate than a gas appliance. For a home your size it may be hard to find a gas furnace that is small enough to operate economically and be comfortable.

To make any kind of recommendation a lot more information is needed.

Michael Kyes
    Sebastopol Heat & Cool, Inc.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email