Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    realfire

Hello my wonderful community....An Appeal for Donations for the Orphanage where I am

Dear Community ,
    I just returned from one and a half months at this orphanage .....please make the donations as soon as possible .......................the school year begins again early august and they are currently planning on closing three grades because they cannot pay the teachers * which i may return to be their english teacher

As many of you know I am in Mexico volunteering in an orphanage here
    I am writing to ask you to send donations to this place as they really need it and I can attest to the fact that your money will actually be going to the children .

SO PLEASE send donations of any kind.

the school is in jeopardy of closing three classrooms because they cannot afford to pay the teachers , they need 2,000 more a month
    there is also the option of sponsoring a child , there are 30 of them
    if you are interested in this please go to
    Tashirat - Donationshttps://www.tashirat.com/donate
    now that i am here i can tell you that the money you send WILL GO DIRECTLY to the children
    even if it is ten dollars one time , you cannot imagine what you will be doing for these kids
    do not hesitate just do it
    we think that we have money issues , but we really do not in comparison
    i told people here that i am appealing to all my friends and community
    i know you will all follow through and send something
    please also pass this on to ANY friends and companies that you know
    it is my intention to leave this place better than when i arrived and if you know me , you know i will make this happen but i could certainly use your help.......
    be generous and know that it will return to you triple fold
    all my love betina I

please let your heart lead you RIGHT NOW to their website and send something, please

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Ronaldo:
    Hi,
    I'm just seconding Betina's request for help at the Tasharit orphanage where she is volunteering.

I've know Esther Bissinger and her parents for over 40 years.
    Esther has been with the orphanage since the its inception. She has personally committed herself as a foster parent for life, to at last count, four of the children at the orphanage.

This is a serious and heartfelt operation and not some scam. So please help.

Ron Rozewski
    Last edited by realfire; 06-30-2010 at 03:46 PM. Reason: more info
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    ywv
    Supporting Member

Re: Hello my wonderful community....An Appeal for Donations for the Orphanage where I am

Would you please provide a bit more information about the orphanage (ages of the children, co-ed, sponsor/s , how many children served, how long is the average stay, does education include job training, what age do the children age out, healthcare provided, religious or non-sectarian, etc.). What type of donations are you looking for monetary, volunteers, clothing, books, school supplies, medical supplies, etc.? Are they non-profit? Are donations tax deductible? What is the name of the orphanage and where is it located?
    It sounds like a cause I would be interested in donating to but I need more information before I would be able to make an informed decision.
    Thank you,
    Yvette
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by realfire: View Post
    Dear Community ,
    I just returned from one and a half months at this orphanage .....please make the donations as soon as possible .......................the school year begins again early august and they are currently planning on closing three grades because they cannot pay the teachers * which i may return to be their english teacher

As many of you know I am in Mexico volunteering in an orphanage here
    I am writing to ask you to send donations to this place as they really need it and I can attest to the fact that your money will actually be going to the children .

SO PLEASE send donations of any kind.

the school is in jeopardy of closing three classrooms because they cannot afford to pay the teachers , they need 2,000 more a month
    there is also the option of sponsoring a child , there are 30 of them
    if you are interested in this please go to
    Tashirat - DonationsTashirat - Donations
    now that i am here i can tell you that the money you send WILL GO DIRECTLY to the children
    even if it is ten dollars one time , you cannot imagine what you will be doing for these kids
    do not hesitate just do it
    we think that we have money issues , but we really do not in comparison
    i told people here that i am appealing to all my friends and community
    i know you will all follow through and send something
    please also pass this on to ANY friends and companies that you know
    it is my intention to leave this place better than when i arrived and if you know me , you know i will make this happen but i could certainly use your help.......
    be generous and know that it will return to you triple fold
    all my love betina I

please let your heart lead you RIGHT NOW to their website and send something, please

3. TopTop #3
    realfire

Re: Hello my wonderful community....An Appeal for Donations for the Orphanage where I am

Yvette
    Thanks for your inquiry . I think I can answer most of your questions , but please do go the website provided in this posting . There is a ton of information , pics, and what not there . The children are meant to live there the duration of their lives . The people who parent there have made a committment to live their for the rest of their lives. There are currently 30 children . There is no specific religious affiliation . This place began as a yoga ashram and evolved into an orphanage. It is mostly vegan except for dairy . There is also a school there which provided education to the children who reside there as well as to the local community . Tashirat is a very unique place that is constantly evolving .
    Betina

Would you please provide a bit more information about the orphanage (ages of the children, co-ed, sponsor/s , how many children served, how long is the average stay, does education include job training, what age do the children age out, healthcare provided, religious or non-sectarian, etc.). What type of donations are you looking for monetary, volunteers, clothing, books, school supplies, medical supplies, etc.? Are they non-profit? Are donations tax deductible? What is the name of the orphanage and where is it located?
    It sounds like a cause I would be interested in donating to but I need more information before I would be able to make an informed decision.
    Thank you,
    Yvette