Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Debunker

How do I resign my democrat voter registration?

I'm sick of these corporate sleazebag traitors spamming me with recorded telephone messages.

Not participating in this disgusting sham is the most potent vote I can make.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    "Mad" Miles

Re: How do I resign my democrat voter registration?

To change your party of registration just fill out a new voter registration card and send it in. I believe they're available at the PO, and they're definitely available at the county Registrar office in the Sonoma County Administration complex in Santa Rosa.

I don't know what the deadline is for changing your party registration. It may be too late for the next Consolidated Primary Election on June 8. The deadline to register for this election is May 24. Perhaps that's the same deadline for changing party affiliation.

As for getting off of the Dems call list... good luck. Even after re-registering that might take some time. I only have a landline, from which I let the answering machine pick up calls. Political ads, or robocalls of any kind, are no problem. I just delete the messages!

I recommend registering with the Green Party. Especially if you're motivated by anti-corporate views.

3. TopTop #3
    Debunker

Thanks, I probably will register with the Green Party, so I have the option to make a protest vote. I have no illusions about any real outsider winning.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mad Miles: View Post
    To change your party of registration just fill out a new voter registration card and send it in. I believe they're available at the PO, and they're definitely available at the county Registrar office in the Sonoma County Administration complex in Santa Rosa.

I don't know what the deadline is for changing your party registration. It may be too late for the next Consolidated Primary Election on June 8. The deadline to register for this election is May 24. Perhaps that's the same deadline for changing party affiliation.

As for getting off of the Dems call list... good luck. Even after re-registering that might take some time. I only have a landline, from which I let the answering machine pick up calls. Political ads, or robocalls of any kind, are no problem. I just delete the messages!

I recommend registering with the Green Party. Especially if you're motivated by anti-corporate views.

4. TopTop #4
    theindependenteye

>>>Thanks, I probably will register with the Green Party, so I have the option to make a protest vote. I have no illusions about any real outsider winning.

I'd suggest you think about keeping your registration with the Democrats, since that allows you to vote in the primary for the more progressive candidate. Until the Greens have multiple candidates, your primary vote will be useless. You can still vote Green or any other option in the general election, no matter how you're registered.

Cheers—
    Conrad

5. TopTop #5
    The Owl

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Debunker: View Post
    I'm sick of these corporate sleazebag traitors spamming me with recorded telephone messages.

Just contact the Registrar of Voters and change your affiliation.

6. TopTop #6
    danejasper

Ya, that'll teach 'em!

7. TopTop #7
    Debunker

Quote Posted in reply to the post by danejasper: View Post
    Ya, that'll teach 'em!
    Now that both parties are virtually indistinguishable, it won't teach them anything, but at least I won't be contributing to the scam.

We will have the best corporate puppets money can buy, whether you vote or not is irrelevant.

8. TopTop #8
    danejasper

Now that both parties are virtually indistinguishable, it won't teach them anything, but at least I won't be contributing to the scam.

We will have the best corporate puppets money can buy, whether you vote or not is irrelevant.
    So just give up?

9. TopTop #9
    Debunker

Quote Posted in reply to the post by danejasper: View Post
    So just give up?
    Do whatever you like, our system has been hijacked and voting or not voting is irrelevant.

The reality of our situation is too painful for most people to confront, so, if voting makes you feel better, by all means, go right ahead.

10. TopTop #10
    theindependenteye

>>>We will have the best corporate puppets money can buy, whether you vote or not is irrelevant.

It may be that it's a choice between horseshit and chickenshit. You have the choice not to make a choice, but if you don't, you may regret it come dinnertime.

To me, there *are* differences on the issues. And the primaries demonstrated that we're moving more and more toward the extremes, with moderates, compromisers and flip-floppers a seriously endangered species. I don't see this as an improvement in our political landscape.

I agree that corporate money or, more broadly, elite self-interest, is a vastly corrupting influence. But I don't believe there's a single, unified elite, or that the CWF, the Bohemian Club, the Elders of Zion, the Illuminati or the Pope call all the shots. Rather, it's a vast maelstrom of competing power centers that sometimes unify, sometimes split. In this country, at least they all have to make a big effort to hoodwink the voters; they can't just do it with guns.

The post seems not to regard this as an issue of "the lesser of two evils," describing both as infinitely/universally evil, every man & woman of'em. To me, there's always a "lesser," and I'm quite willing to vote for it. For me, my vote isn't a symbol of something; it's just a vote.

When I was a junior in high school, I declined to vote for Home-room President. When the teacher asked me why I hadn't raised my hand, I said, "Because it doesn't make any difference. They don't do anything." He was livid, made me stand in the hall for ten minutes to become more patriotic. So I understand the feelilng in regard to "meaningless" elections. I just don't think it's the same.

Peace & joy--
    Conrad

11. TopTop #11
    Debunker

Yes, there are differences in rhetoric on the issues, but both parties policies are now virtually identical in every significant respect. As I've said before, watch what they do, not what they say.

Obama has unabashedly continued Bush's policies in every meaningful way.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by theindependenteye: View Post
    >>>We will have the best corporate puppets money can buy, whether you vote or not is irrelevant.

It may be that it's a choice between horseshit and chickenshit. You have the choice not to make a choice, but if you don't, you may regret it come dinnertime.

To me, there *are* differences on the issues. And the primaries demonstrated that we're moving more and more toward the extremes, with moderates, compromisers and flip-floppers a seriously endangered species. I don't see this as an improvement in our political landscape.

I agree that corporate money or, more broadly, elite self-interest, is a vastly corrupting influence. But I don't believe there's a single, unified elite, or that the CWF, the Bohemian Club, the Elders of Zion, the Illuminati or the Pope call all the shots. Rather, it's a vast maelstrom of competing power centers that sometimes unify, sometimes split. In this country, at least they all have to make a big effort to hoodwink the voters; they can't just do it with guns.

The post seems not to regard this as an issue of "the lesser of two evils," describing both as infinitely/universally evil, every man & woman of'em. To me, there's always a "lesser," and I'm quite willing to vote for it. For me, my vote isn't a symbol of something; it's just a vote.

When I was a junior in high school, I declined to vote for Home-room President. When the teacher asked me why I hadn't raised my hand, I said, "Because it doesn't make any difference. They don't do anything." He was livid, made me stand in the hall for ten minutes to become more patriotic. So I understand the feelilng in regard to "meaningless" elections. I just don't think it's the same.

Peace & joy--
    Conrad

12. TopTop #12
    Jude Iam

just for the hell of it - and to build 3rd party numbers - you could register Green.
    jude

Yes, there are differences in rhetoric on the issues, but both parties policies are now virtually identical in every significant respect. As I've said before, watch what they do, not what they say.

Obama has unabashedly continued Bush's policies in every meaningful way.

13. TopTop #13
    Dynamique

You can register as an Independent or "decline to state" party affiliation. In Sonoma County, you can request a partisan ballot for the primary elections should you decide to participate in the party primaries even if you are not affiliated with a party.

You also need to contact the Registrar of Voters to have your phone number removed from the voter registration data. Unfortunately the proverbial cat is out of the bag for this election, but it should reduce the annoying calls for the next time around.

One of the objectives of the negative campaign tactics is to discourage people from voting. Don't fall for it! Get over it and vote. Not voting is just giving your power away. A good antidote for the corporate takeover is to get involved with a candidate or ballot initiative and make calls -- as a volunteer.

14. TopTop #14
    podfish

Only true (if at all) on certain issues - and even there, it's only somewhat true. Sure, he's having more Predator drone attacks than ever, and there's plenty of administration sympathy for the big economic power centers. He's no revolutionary. I suspect that if Bush had seized power for a third term, the military strategies would be far more aggressive than they are now. There'd be far fewer limits being placed on corporate power than there are in the current finance bill. There would be less movement away from oil-based energy. And you probably haven't have noticed it, but there are huge changes being put into place regarding federal management of public lands in ways that limit development, OHV use and the like. Maybe it takes sudden, dramatic changes to make the public take notice, but if you play a little inside-baseball, you can see the ground has shifted quite a bit.

...Obama has unabashedly continued Bush's policies in every meaningful way....

15. TopTop #15
    Debunker

As I keep saying, watch what they do, NOT what they say.

Obama's economic team is comprised of the very same people who caused the meltdown. His first act in office was to give them hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars. The new "finance bill" has been watered down so much by the very same people that it is meaningless, even this is on mainstream news. It's a show, to appease us sheep.

He's aggressively expanding Bush's illegal wars.

His Health Care Reform guarenteed the same corporations will continue to increase obscene profits.

As for "movement away from oil-based energy" What have you been smoking? Please read this
    https://www.waccobb.net/forums/wacco...tml#post114148

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    Only true (if at all) on certain issues - and even there, it's only somewhat true. Sure, he's having more Predator drone attacks than ever, and there's plenty of administration sympathy for the big economic power centers. He's no revolutionary. I suspect that if Bush had seized power for a third term, the military strategies would be far more aggressive than they are now. There'd be far fewer limits being placed on corporate power than there are in the current finance bill. There would be less movement away from oil-based energy. And you probably haven't have noticed it, but there are huge changes being put into place regarding federal management of public lands in ways that limit development, OHV use and the like. Maybe it takes sudden, dramatic changes to make the public take notice, but if you play a little inside-baseball, you can see the ground has shifted quite a bit.

16. TopTop #16
    soulange

it's quite simple, you just reregister as decline to state. but you better hurry, today is the last day to register.