Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    busyb555

Al Gore Turns Global Warming Profit

Al Gore cuts a fat hog with Global Warming: Pictures did not post, but you can find them on line. Mainstream press ignores this story.

Why am I not surprised?

Stunning Pictures of Al Gore's New $9 Million Mansion Media Totally Ignored

Mon, 05/03/2010 - 23:45 ET

Nobel Laureate Al Gore purchased a $9 million mansion in the luxurious hills of Montecito, California, recently, and with the exception of the Los Angeles Times and Fox News, America's media couldn't care less.

You think it might be because the Gore-loving press wouldn't want people to consider the possibility that all of his global warming hysteria was really about lining his wallet and not saving the planet?

Certainly not bad for a guy who supposedly was worth between one and two million dollars in 2000.

Were the "Always Fascinated by the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" press interested?

Heck no.

According to LexisNexis, apart from the Los Angeles Times that broke this story last Wednesday, and Fox News's Sean Hannity who spoke about this on consecutive nights last week, America's media were totally mum. AL GORE: Every penny that I have made, I have put right into a non-profit deal, Alliance For Climate Protection, to spread awareness of why we have to take on this challenge. And Congresswomen, if your, if, if you believe that the reason I have been working on this issue for 30 years is because of greed, you do not know me.

Now, imagine for a moment there were actually journalists still in America and not advocates pretending to be journalists.

A former Vice President who last year told a House committee he was putting all of his earnings into a non-profit company to "spread awareness of why we have to take on" global warming a year later buys a $9 million mansion with six fireplaces, five bedrooms, and nine bathrooms for him and his wife.

Don't you think SOMEBODY should have reported it other than Fox News, the LA Times, and conservative bloggers?

Where'd the money come from? Was this purchased by his non-profit corporation, and if so, how does he get away with that?
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Tars

Re: Al Gore Turns Global Warming Profit

Al Gore fan here. Heh... if I'd had my way, Gore would've been a two-term president. From that perspective I'll try to respond to this.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by busyb555: View Post
    Nobel Laureate Al Gore purchased a $9 million mansion in the luxurious hills of Montecito, California, recently
    I'm not seeing the problem here. Gore was already a wealthy industrialist before "An Inconvenient Truth". The movie's huge success just made him a lot more money.

Is Al Gore suddenly a bad person because he made money? Is he bad because he spent $9 million on a big house? What was he supposed to do, move into a three-bedroom in Rohnert Park? Super-famous people have extreme uses built into their homes. They can't go out to the six-plex, like regular shmucks can. Just imagine the security system that has to be built and operated in his new house.

I can't see that being financially successful, and enjoying the rewards, is inherently wrong.

Quote AL GORE: Every penny that I have made, I have put right into a non-profit deal, Alliance For Climate Protection, to spread awareness of why we have to take on this challenge.
    This is gonna be another one of those Al Gore quotes that the right-wing media honks on ad nauseum. Maybe the "I invented the internet" one isn't getting much traction any more.

Quote Don't you think SOMEBODY should have reported it other than Fox News, the LA Times, and conservative bloggers?
    I'm not worried about it. Good chance he was either mis-quoted, or he mis-stated by slip of tongue; wouldn't be the first time. It probably just indicates that the huge majority of the public naturally sees it as his just rewards.

Maybe his financial gain is his instant karma for having been shat on by the SCOTUS in 2000.

Right-wingers hate Al Gore like Left-wingers hate Cheney. If you're determined to see wrong here, you'll see it. Otherwise.....yawn!

3. TopTop #3
    LenInSebastopol

Re: Al Gore Turns Global Warming Profit

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Tars: View Post
    I can't see that being financially successful, and enjoying the rewards, is inherently wrong. Maybe his financial gain is his instant karma for having been shat on by the SCOTUS in 2000. Right-wingers hate Al Gore like Left-wingers hate Cheney. If you're determined to see wrong here, you'll see it. Otherwise.....yawn!
    Yawn is right. The public has been put to sleep or not really awakened by the media on this fellow, Gore. You've heard of the expression, "The apple doesn't fall to far from the tree". Should Gore's photo appear in that phrase book none would be surprised. He was born into money "made" by his Senator-father who was known AT THE TIME to be one of the most corrupted men in the senate; he was bought by Armand Hammer, first with a coal mine in Tennessee which is still in the family, then after the old man proved his worth voting for everything Hammer wanted, with other lucrative deals. That is how A.G. "became" rich to begin with. It gets worse very fast but I've not the time;
    A couple of questions: 1. why would a guy who claims the oceans will rise soon buy California property near a beach? and pay $9M? Why have a guy tell me how to live rather than show me? How come the rich are "evil" but only certain ones? How come this guy gets a pass by folks who claim we should "eat the rich"?